The Post Game Show

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but damn, why pick on me?

In case the one or two people who read The Post Game Show have no idea what I'm talking about, allow me to backtrack. In December, I wrote a commentary for Black College Wire saying that the MEAC should abandon all I-AA football championship dreams, revive the Heritage Bowl and challenge the SWAC to see who's top dog in I-AA HBCU football ( http://www.blackcollegewire.org/sports/041215_meac/). So on the MEACFANS message boards, my story shows up as a thread headliner this week (http://www.meacfans.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/ubb/get_topic/f/43/t/005939.html), and I was called a moron by a couple of folks.

Now I'm not bitching by any stretch of the imagination, but damn, whatever happened to just saying "I disagree," and moving on? Funny thing is I responded to one of the posters saying "everyone's entitled to their opinion," which is true, but damn I didn't suggest anything out of the way. I just stated my opinion, backed up with some true to life detail that says we make no money from the playoffs. Making money from showcasing how we do it, from the bands to the actual game, would be a lot easier than going on the road to play Georgia Southern, University of Delaware, and Montana, and coming back with nothing to show for it. But, as I was once told, if they're not talking about you, then you should worry.

That's it and that's all.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger MHJ said…

    Sometimes people feel better by calling people names. I get frustrated when I ask a simple question and get 50-11 comments and none applies to my question. :)

     
  • At 10:53 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    I hear what you're saying, but I guess I have to get thicker skin. I know not everybody's going to agree with you or like you in life.

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger MHJ said…

    A thick skin develops over time. I didn't wake up one day and say, "Wow, nothing bothers me anymore!" I just try to either ignore the things that irk me or avoid situations where I can be annoyed. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home