The Post Game Show

Thursday, January 05, 2006

2006 is here

Quite late, but happy new year to the readers of TPGS, I hope you celebrated New Years Eve proper like. I, on the other hand, sat at home watching festivities on TV and such. My social life is dull like Condi Rice's edges (somebody send that woman to a black beauty shop please!), something my newfound journalism peoples are trying to change ('sup Sherlon, Kelley, and Dr. Stan), so maybe this year will be different in hopes of actually going out, having fun, and having something else *ahem*.

2005 was a very up-and-down year. I struggled to keep my grades at a decent level, my car running, and to keep from strangling several people. However, in the words of Mrs. Puff after Spongebob Squarepants got her sent to jail, "let's look at the positives." I had my first internship as a sportswriter at a daily newspaper, I met some cool people, found out I had a friend that I didn't even know I had, and I'm still breathing as we've crossed over into 2006. That last part is the good news. I could be not of this Earth like so many, but since I'm still here, I may as well make the best of what I have.

I think one thing I want to change in 2006 is the selective timidness I have. Someone broke down my horoscope to me (Libra) as me wanting attention but not being out there with it. I do wish people paid me more attention, in a positive way of course, but I'm not going to have a "LOOK AT ME" epiphany about it. I'd just rather let me actions speak for me as a person, and that maybe the problem. I have a swing between down and out and angry and vindictive. Only God knows where my heated streak comes from, but I need to calm down. It's too early in life for me to be upset all the time.

Something else I want to do is lose weight. I have to cut back on what I eat and how many times a day I eat it. I'm an emotional eater, so those two things tie in together. Get my emotional state under control, and then I won't have such a dependency on Pop Tarts, Captain Crunch, Burger King, and McGriddles. I've made those folks so much money over the years, I should have stock in the companies. But I'm going to get myself together if for no one else, me. So I know I can acheive something and feel good about it.

And I definitely want to graduate from college. I'm so jealous of folks who are already in the field of journalism doing their thing, and I'm still at my school paper trying to finish up undergrad. Besides, Del State sucks, and it's time for me to go. SOON.

Oh yeah, The Post Game Show is now One Year Old! On January 3, 2005, I started this thing on the advice of Asbury Park Press staff writer Alesha Williams (which is how I know SPC) and never thought I'd actually have some folk reading this thing now. To all those who've left comments or just read this, thank you for reading my thoughts on sports and now everything else under the sun. As long as you guys read, I'll continue to bring it as only Chris Stevens can bring it ('Pac would be proud of me stealing his quote, LOL). I'll close this out by jacking another Sherlon survey.

1) Was 2005 a good year for you?
Up and down, but as long as I made it to 2006, I can't complain too bad.

2) What was your favorite moment of the year?
Without a shadow of a doubt, those wonderful 10 days in March when the Delaware State Hornets men's basketball team finally won the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) championship and gave Duke all they could handle in the first round of the NCAA tournament. As a journalist, it doesn't get much better than that.

3) What was your least favorite moment of the year?
Plenty of those, but I'll just say the drama I had with women.

4) Where were you when 2005 began?
At my mom's house

5) Who were you with?
Mom, my younger sister, and grandmother

6) Where were when 2005 ended?
In my campus apartment

7) Who were you with when 2005 ended?
Me myself and I (is all I got in the end, that's what I found out....)

8) Did you keep your new years resolution of 2005?
Nope

9) Do you have a new year’s resolution for 2006?
Lose weight/

10) Did you fall in love in 2005?
No.

11) Did you breakup with anyone in 2005?
No.

12) Did you make any new friends in 2005?
A few folks have shown me that not everybody is an enemy, so that counts for something.

13) Who are your favorite new friends?
Hornet layout editor Shanequa Ramsey, Entertainment editor Jasmine Thompson, Sherlon Christie, Kelley Carter, and myself. I definitely have to learn to be a friend to myself.

14) What was your favorite month of 2005?
March, for the reasons listed in number 2.

15) Did you travel outside of the US in 2005?
No, that probably wont happen until a little later in life.

16) How many different states have you traveled in 2005?
Maryland, VA, and North Carolina, DC counts I guess also.

17) Did you lose anybody close to you in 2005?
No.

18) Did you miss anybody in the past year?
No.

19) What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2005?
Didn't go to a movie in '05.

20) How many people did you sleep with in 2005?
Two (women of course, no DL stuff going on here)

21) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
Probably settling for sex with women who I wasn't exactly attracted to. And being mean to someone who really cared about me.

22) What was the biggest lie you told in 2005?
That I don't give a f*** what people think of me.

23) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2005?
Women lie so much, it's hard to narrow it down to one. But I'll go with the standard "I'm only looking for friends," but she gave it up to multiple dudes lie.

24) Did you treat somebody badly in 2005?
Yes, and I regret it horribly.

25) Did somebody treat you badly in 2005?
Yeah, but I won't stand for it in '06.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:25 AM, Blogger Jameil said…

    women lie so much? gee whiz!
    poor condi...
    mcgriddles are so nasty! yuck! sugar sandwich. that's what that is. a lil syrup house. lol

    del st. does suck!! lol you know i had to throw that in there. the funniest thing said here? "gave Duke all they could handle!" lololololololol that was hilarious! you know i'm THE duke bball fan. lololol!!

    cheer up! 2006 is here. leave the drama and unhappiness in 05, go forth and conquer the world!!

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Sherlon Christie said…

    how about include a link to my blog page...where you are giving me a shoutout!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home