The Post Game Show

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Post Game Notes

Sure, I'd love to focus on just one thing, but there's so much going on that I have to give you a summary in quick form, so enjoy it as it goes along.

That situation I touched on in my last entry? It was resolved. A bunch of confusion is what happened between me and that girl, and we did *ahem* go one more round before she went back home on Wednesday. However, I'm still learning to let a woman breathe, just for future reference.

My Bachelor of Arts Degree in Mass Communications was waiting for me at the post office yesterday, so I went and got it, and I can't stop looking at it. As Jameil said yesterday, I'm officially "HBCU Alumni." There's a certain amount of pride and responsibility that comes with that title, and I'll probably get more into that in a later entry.

Am I wrong for being annoyed when women who couldn't be bothered with me prior to my weight loss all of a sudden want to talk to me and feign interest in me? I'm sorry, but I'm the same person now that I'm between 280 and 290 pounds as I was when I was 365 pounds (yes, I finally feel comfortable giving my readership numbers, lol) and for chicks to randomly spark conversation when I wasn't worth their time before is shallow, immature and downright phony. *Deep breath* Glad that's out of the way.

I need to step my Ten95 entry game up, especially after one of the more talented writers of our clique shouted me out for a feature story that was published last week in the Wilmington News Journal. Go there if you want an update on my freelance travels, because it WILL be coming soon (probably when I get back from walking this evening).

I need to get back on track with my eating and exercising before I let these great gains (or losses in this case) slip away. It's only been a three week stretch, but that's three weeks too long. Regardless of me working at night or not, I'm going to discipline myself once again and keep moving in the right direction.

As usual, real entry to come soon, but this update should hold you guys over, shouldn't it? :)

4 Comments:

  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger Southerner in Suomi said…

    Don't be annoyed at the Chris. Be an asshole to them!!! All the damn time!

    And you can keep your diet up and going. I told ya start watching the food network since you're home during the day. You can find lots of easy stuff to cook that's healthy and yum-o!!

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    lmao @ v. maybe its more your personality and swagger now than your weight (for some its just the weight). i knew a dude who was annoying and i gave him a chance when he was larger. he lost weight and was still the same lame as before. i think he was more pissed i wasn't into him post-weight loss.

    but do you. you don't have to be rude but you can give her the puhlease face. are these girls you knew before or new girls? you're an alumnus, part of the network of hbcu alumni. yay! since been pimpin since been pimpin since been pimpin!!

     
  • At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on getting that piece of paper. I know how much it means to you to have finally accomplished what you set out to do. I'm so looking forward to May, I mean really looking forward!

    Congrats also on the weight loss. That's quite the achievement. I am happy you've always had the right motivation: yourself.

     
  • At 2:59 AM, Blogger La said…

    Lmao! I'm w/V! Be an ass! Then again, chicks dig that. So maybe not. You'll be able to seperate the genuine from the fake.

    The 1st time I looked at my degree, I felt such an overwhelming sense of pride and accomplishment, I had to sit down. And to know that I stood beside thousands of graduates who'd come thru my school and were proving everyday that black men and women weren't listless or lazy or attitudinal or any of the stereotypes put out there was truly a proud moment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home