The Post Game Show

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Adventures in Bonneville

A clear blue sky, one chilly Delaware morning and four pre-set radio stations set the scene for some early morning cruising, which I just got back in from doing. My main purpose was to go to my usual quarter scale at Dover Mall in the First State's capital (I only lost two tenths of a pound this month, ACK!) and to see if my new thing was up for the task of cruising. When I lost my beloved 1994 Mitsubishi Diamante, named "Champ" to brake problems shortly after my grandma's funeral, and then to the junkyard that December, I knew I would have another car eventually, but I never thought I'd be blessed enough to get something as bad ass as the new lady in my life, a 1992 Pontiac Bonneville SE.

She's built like a brickhouse, she hugs the road, turns it on when I need her too, and she's got a lot of junk in the trunk. My kinda girl. Seriously, I really enjoy having a car again just for aimless missions like the one I went on this morning, or yesterday evening's futile attempt to find Tatnall School, where my high school alma mater (Howard High School of Technology: YOU SHOULDA BEEN A WILDCAT!) plays its football season opener next Friday. My best friend, a rising politician who swears he knows New Castle County frontwards and backwards, damn near took me to Kennett Square, PA trying to find this place, but since we were unsuccessful, I'll MapQuest it and go from there.

Hopefully this car will get me through my freelance period here in DE and maybe I can upgrade once I get a full-time gig as a sports writer. Right now after about three days of cruising, I don't have much bad to say about this car. It's truly up to me to maintain it and keep it running right for the time that I have it. That means I might want to see about some brake pads now, LOL....

The car is fun to have because the system bangs (even though it still has a cassette player, which makes me cringe), and slowin' it down coming around the corner blasting "Shawty" by Plies and T-Pain is a good look. Hopefully pictures will be coming soon, especially since I'm still looking pretty damn good myself (finally got a hair cut after five months yesterday), so be on the look out for the pictures of me and my new friend with road benefits. Hey, I had to give you guys some kind of real entry, or you'd kill me :) Happy Labor Day weekend!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Southerner in Suomi said…

    Just FYI, if those breaks are squeaking or scraping, get them changed before they damage the rotors and then you really paying out the ass.

    Also have you gotten the oil changed since you has it? My dad says do it as a rule of thumb whenever you get another car. Don't trust the sticker on the window. And sometimes there isn't a sticker.

    Oil and breaks, get on it!!

     
  • At 1:05 AM, Blogger CNEL said…

    Yay for a new whip. Enjoy it and listen to V she seems to know what she's talking about!

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    you guys'll be happy know that I got my oil changed this morning, so one major task down, one more to go. I'm going to maintain a car right this time, lol

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    uh oh pimpin!!

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Gervase said…

    This can't have effect in actual fact, that's exactly what I believe.
    leopard pumps | chicken scallopini | Oregon Beaches

     

Post a Comment

<< Home