The Post Game Show

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Why Chris is an internet fiend and some Saturday morning musings

My friends, I am sho'nuff sitting in the newsroom on a Saturday morning with no one else around, writing a story that isn't due until Tuesday and fiddling around on the internet. Verizon needs to get the molasses out its ass so I can get settled at home.

Anyway, I had my first real fender bender in life yesterday morning. First off, my car wouldn't start as I was leaving for work, and I began to curse my dumb luck, but my co-worker came to the rescue, alerting that my battery cables were just jarred loose and after he got them tighter than a virgin on prom night, Bonnie was revved up and ready to rock and roll. I backed out so quick that I didn't bother to let off the gas and I bumped into this woman's Buick, and of course, I left a message to let her know what happened.

The woman calls me on my lunch break, to let me know that she knows and do I want my insurance company to handle it. I said yeah, but I have to get back to work at 1:30, which I did. So why do I get a phone call from a deputy saying that me leaving without leaving her all my pertinent info was an arrestible offense? Mind you, all that was damaged was her bumper, a mild dent even, and nothing was left on Bonnie. No injuries or anything of the sort to anyone (her car was parked, only thing hurt was my pride).

So I'm leaving work in a panic, thinking I'm about to become of a victim of Good Ol' Southern Justice, when I just forced myself to calm down and start working out bail arrangements in my head. Turns out that was just a way to get me there to switch information with her. I'm thinking to myself "dude, I wasn't gonna jump town. I live here, you know?" My insurance company is going to pay for the damage, which probably isn't more than 100 bucks and now I can move on without worrying about being behind bars.

I'm hoping when I go to Auto Zone later today that my brakes can be done before next Saturday's DSU/Norfolk State game, because I desperately want to go. If the Hornets win, it'll be their first MEAC championship in 16 years and the first trip to the I-AA playoffs ever. Considering all the heartache and drama my alma mater's been through in the past four months, some good news, even if it is merely football would be nice.

For those that don't know, I write short stories, erotica based most of the time just for fun. I'm glad this time in the dark ages at home (no internet/phone/cable) has given me time to re-start my creative writing efforts because it's good exercise that usually spills over into my professional obligations. Not the erotica, but the description and narrative parts of it. If you'd like to read some of my horny musings, feel free to let me know. If not, since I know some are uncomfortable with that, I won't share. Clearly, I'd e-mail you the stories instead of putting them on the blog. I'm no fool, lol

Still need to find a scale, I might just end up waiting until December first to get on the scale mainly because I'm back on routine with eating and I've started stretching again, so I've had some time to get back to the business of improving my body, and hopefully my self-esteem will come next.

Speaking of which, Jameil the jet-setter and I had a conversation about that earlier this week, and she wouldn't let me blame women for my troubles with self. The more I think about that, the more she may have a point. Why? I'll get into that another time. Meanwhile, I'm done my story and I need breakfast, so that concludes this edition of internet fiend-eration. I'll probably be back and forth in the office all weekend, so holla at a player when you see him on the work computer.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do not I repeat do not get in trouble with cops in Hicktown.

    Let me find out you're a male version of Zane, I'd have to see this to believe it.

    Get to exercising, planning out those meals, and then find the scale. Sometimes it works better to be motivated by the unkown.

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    just stopped by ... wanted to check out a new blog ... I wouldnt worry about the scales at all ... Ive just returned to a regular workout routine and eating properly ... and what counts is that i feel better and I can tell the difference ... cause truth be told ... scales can kill a good vibe!

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger Jarrod said…

    Southern Justice...ah yes. I have friends who have spent nights in jail due to Mister Charlie. Tread lightly my friend.

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Southerner in Suomi said…

    Even though MD is not the real south, the po-pos are real red-necks I'm sure.

    So yes, tread lightly.

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    of course i have a point!! i'm a genius!! lolol. cali's right. 2 weeks off the wagon isn't gonna hurt. but if you feel like you want to wait a month, that wouldn't hurt either. you'll be fine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home