The Post Game Show

Saturday, October 04, 2008

A New Addition To The Blog Family and more....

Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday on my 27th, I really do appreciate it. The older I get, the more I realize it's important to acknowledge and be grateful for the few that genuinely care about you and your well-being instead of worrying about those that don't. You guys really do care and it warms my ice box up some to know that I'm not completely alone in this world. Since this post has no particular topic and you all know how I love to be random, here we go with some of Chris' random musings:

We've got a new addition to the Chris blog tree. I haven't done anything at my HBCU Sports Blog in forever, so I don't know what's going to happen with THAT, but five bucks says I'll end up doing more with this new one. Say hello to The Soundtrack of my life! Yes, the series first made famous on this blog now has its own space, and not only will I be reviewing my favorite albums and songs along (old stuff of course and the new as I get it), I'll still be talking about the major impact music has had on my life so far. So bookmark it and visit it as much as you can folks!

My legs don't like me very much. The parking lot of the park I walk in is a quarter mile around, so eight laps = two miles. Doesn't seem like much, but it's more sustained and time consuming than just shooting hoops, and while my legs are cussing me up a storm, they're also toning up, even my pesky thighs are starting to shrink slightly, so needless to say I'm happy.

And now, a brief moment of ignorance; Chris' remix of "Good Good"

*Sings* when my girl leaves the house I know she's coming right back/I got that good wood/got that good wood/even though she try to act, she know just where it's at/I got that good wood/got that good wood/Put it on her right/I do it every night/leave her sittin mouth open like "OH!"/So I don't worry 'bout nobody takin mine/I got just the right stroke to show/I got that good wood....

I bought a waffle maker this morning. *Lil' Jon voice* YEAH! WHAT?! OKAY! Ahhh, and CM gave me a jar of peach preserve (lawd, the double entendre within) and after making a couple of waffles and throwing some of the preserve on it, I was in heaven this morning. More stuff like this allows me to have what I want and at my pace instead of running to the store and buying the frozen food aisle out. Just some pancake mix, some peach preserve, and I'm good to go. Shizzle.

I can't wait for Agent Ness' debate post. I know I'm gonna end up hollerin' like a hit dog because when that girl gets on a roll, she gets on a roll, folks.

In sports news, my Philadelphia Phillies lead their National League Division Series 2-0 over the Milwaukee Brewers. Hopefully Jamie Moyer puts the cappy-cap on this series tonight and they go on to play the Dodgers in the NLCS. College football wise, I refuse to comment about DSU-Hampton because I don't feel good about today's game and if the Pirates win, Jameil will probably post about it anyway, lol

The bailout plan? Sucks. We're going to have to be the ones to pay for this crap the banks and corporations have gotten themselves into, and why did the head of the recently deceased Washington Mutual bank get a 19 MILLION DOLLAR severance agreement?! Talk about an allowance, Good God. If my job goes under, I might be lucky to get 19 HUNDRED dollars, but you can mismanage an entire bank and walk away with an NBA salary. I'm definitely in the wrong business.

Lastly, I'm crushing on softball players. Duck is usually the one I can talk to about crushes, seeing as she has a couple of her own, but there is this all-black women's softball team down here, and if their centerfielder asked me today to paint her toenails, I'd give serious thought to it. She's THAT fine. Girl-crazy is a helluva drug.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    im so mad u remixed that song like that! lmao

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Southerner in Suomi said…

    Gimme some of those waffles!!

    A full debate post is coming.

    LMAO@ the toe nails.

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Mizrepresent said…

    First of all, Happy Belated Birthday Chris!

    Secondly - Good Wood lol, okaaaaaay! I hear ya, sounds like a confident man there!

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger Vee said…

    your comment about the bail-out! YOU KNOOOOOOOOOW! let's open out our bank and then give out so many loans on purpose just to nearly go under!


    And get that work out on!!! Soon your legs won't be screamin anymore...once they stop...start a jog..that'll get them going! :-)

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    my bad. i didn't get over here earlier to gloat.

    WE WON!! PIRATES OVER DEL STATE!! TAKE DAT TAKE DAT TAKE DAT TAKE DAT!! OW!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home