The Post Game Show

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Soundtrack Of My Life - Hey Lady....

In a new series of Post Game Show musings (I'm hitting y'all between the eyes with the newness because now I'll have time during the day, yes!), The Soundtrack of my life will highlight songs that I closely associate with certain situations, people, memories, et cetera. And of course, Chris wouldn't be Chris if he didn't associate music, my tied for number one love (with sports and all things wheels) with women. The songs I list will more than likely be linked so you can listen to them and a brief explanation will follow, so sit back and enjoy the Soundtrack of my life....

Golden Lady
- Steveland Hardaway Judkins Morris....Stevie Wonder what they call him. There's an innocence in these lyrics that make me feel like a woman this great does exist. A woman with it all across the board. Personality, intelligence, sweetness, with a natural beauty that makes you want to spend a gang of time with her before you even get to the knitty gritty. Hence the hook "Golden Lady, Golden Lady, I'd like to go there..." That means he hasn't even hit it yet! He's gushing over this woman's soft hands, beautiful eyes and smile and how he just wants to spend time with her and then he's like "I want to make love to you eventually." Stevie knows how to charm a woman and make a man feel like this is how it should be done.

Sanctified Lady, Marvin Gaye - Released in the winter of '84-85, more than six months after his death, this song was a leftover from the Midnight Love sessions. You can tell that this was when Marvin was really indulging in that powder, if you get my drift. The original title was Sanctified *woman's sexual organ*, and it showed how Marvin had the madonna/whore mindset down to a science. I'm guilty of this as well - I'm mad when a woman is interested in taking it slow with me, yet I'm always clowning chicks who give it up to certain guys quickly. In the song, Marvin wants a freak, who's "saving her thang for Jesus." That ain't gon' work. Or will it? Hmmm...

Around The Way Girl, LL - While I've blogged about my attraction to women who I shouldn't be caught dead with, I do appreciate a woman who is intelligent, independent and a lady, but still can laugh, joke around and be cool around everybody. I knew quite a few Around the way girls at Del State who were about their business, but still were homegirls when class let out, and to me, that was cool. I love a successful woman just like the next man, but a woman who can turn that off and just be a down-to-earth girl once she's off the clock? Awesome.

Good Girls, Joe - *sigh* One of the most under-appreciated singers of my generation, and me, one of the most under-appreciated guys ever (hey, I'm not always modest *wink*). I was 16 when this song was hot and that was around the time my interest in girls REALLY heated up, but they were like "Chris, you're so sweet, but..." Either I wasn't their type, they looked at me as a true friend, or they were already taken. Much like Joe, I believe there's a girl out there who wants me, and I have to keep working until I happen to meet her.

Insatiable Woman, Isley Jasper Isley - Back to intimacy, I still long for a woman who is attracted to me to the point where she really can't get enough of me physically. Seems demanding and challenging, but I've always felt like if there's mutual attraction and adoration, there are no limits to pleasing one another. Sure there's more to a relationship than sex, but it's a part of any relationship 95 percent of the time. Why not make it the best it can possibly be?

Well, there are more songs that make me think of woman, but these are the first five that come to mind, and they're a unique mix that I think gives you guys a clue of my mindset when it comes to finding and dealing with women. Any questions? Well, you know where the comments go :)

7 Comments:

  • At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    THis post had me cracking up.. why? we talking about dealing with a woman... Chris... still on that eh?

    Man I love the way you write... I can't believe i haven't been stopping by like i used to... but hey don't worry i'm back...

    although i'm not familiar with none of these..( I don't even know why i'm not even interested in music like the rest of the world)

    like you said.. if two ppl are attracted to each other and blah blah blah... its going to be one night of hot passion.... well i guess my day will come when i'm ready...

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You make me want to listen to some of these songs.

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger Southerner in Suomi said…

    Boy why you puttin' these government names up here? I don't even think I could pick a favorite. Except LL doesn't compare to the oldies. Lol.

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Veronica Marché said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Veronica Marché said…

    So bittersweet.

    Why? Because it's good music. And today we have...


    ..."Bust It Baby."

    *sigh*

    I should have come of age in the '60s.

    Or '70s.

    Or '80s.

    Hell, any decade other than this one.

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Mizrepresent said…

    I love your list Chris, it shows that you take great care in knowing and deciding on what type of woman you want in your life...kudos, nothing wrong with that...i would love to be somebody's "Golden Lady"...that was sweet!

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Eb the Celeb said…

    Glad you mentioned JOE... so true... he has a new album coming out on September 23rd... I love me some JOE

     

Post a Comment

<< Home