The Post Game Show

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Lists By Chris

Alas, as I've been out here grinding, I haven't blogged like I want to, but since the Queen of the Lists La has inspired me, along with a lil' coaxing from Duck, I bring to you Lists by Chris. This entry will consist a list of the good women I know in life. I figure for all my issues with the cluck-clucks who I shouldn't even bother myself with, it's time I give a little love to the ladies who might not want to throw their panties at me, but still treat a brother like a normal human being and actually like and care for me. So here goes:

1. My mom. *Two-steps* I'll always love my mama, she's my favorite girl! I'll always love my mama, she brought me in this world! And that's not to say Paula Jean and I haven't had our share of disagreements and times where we were mad at each other, but truthfully, I'm glad she's the one who gave me the gift of life and the courage and smarts to go for what I want in life. She might have her ways, but that's mom. And I'm thankful for her.

2. The aforementioned Duck. Radio production princess by day and dancing machine diva by night, Duck always manages to use that in between time to fool around with me via AIM and try to convince me that I can't expect a woman to be ready to jump between the sheets with me because she MIGHT like me and wants to know more than my name is Chris and I work as a journalist. And I've said this to her many times, but I'll share it with you all - you KNOW you really have a friend when no matter how fine this woman is, you don't have any different thoughts about her because she truly is a friend. And shockingly, I'm quite alright with that.

3. My DSU crew. *Sigh* The class of 2008, LOL...six chicks, four of which I worked with at the school paper became my closest confidantes in my final three years at Del State, including me in their non-girly activities, and boy did we cut up when they'd have music nights in the newspaper office. I was giving lap dances to their friends, singing songs, they'd have dance routines, freestyle contests, the whole nine. And we'd talk about sex forever (big shock, horny college folks). They were surprised I had as much experience as I did from our talks. Quite frankly, I'm shocked too.

4. Momma T-Dot. Although I believe she secretly HATES the nickname I've given her, T-Dot truly has some maternal characteristics when she's giving out advice and pep talks that really endears her to me as a friend. And there's nothing wrong with that. Between her, Duck and a few other ladies, they've saved me from doing even more damage to myself, if that's humanly possible. And she's funny as hell! The dry humor might've been invented by someone else, but this girl perfected it. Huhlarious.

5. Blogger Nation. I've come in contact with some truly dynamite women via this network and it's been fun knowing them at least through their thoughts and feelings on life, there's Agent Ness, the southern Belle with no filter, and Jameil, the woman of several random thoughts and jokes compounded into one lil ball of energy. La, another southern Belle with an up-north attitude and givesnottadamn swag that makes her awesome, along with another Veronica, whose encouragement and inspiration I've come to cherish. Eb the Celeb, a party girl with a great mind and is as real as real can be, and Exhibit A why older women are really hot in the streets, Miz. Seriously, I can't say how old the oldest women I've ever dealt with was, but let's just say you are not out of my range, Miz. I see ya creepin' *wink*

Truthfully, I know a few more, but if I omitted your name, charge it to my sleepy head and not my heart. For all of you have a place there. Little by little, you ladies are teaching me that I do deserve better than what I give myself credit for, and if I can find a woman with just a little bit of everything from you all, then I truly will be blessed with the woman of my dreams.

8 Comments:

  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Veronica Marché said…

    Aw, Chris!

    And I second that motion on T-Dot. The best. Ever.

    We lub you, Talia! :-D

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger T Dot said…

    Awww, pumpkins!!

    First, thanks Chris for the awesome shoutout.

    And ya'll know I'll heave my advice on you (solicited or otherwise) anyday! :-)

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have been lurking around.. now i post.... of course ur momma gone be #1.

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger Mizrepresent said…

    Chris, lol, and dayum, "i must be the oldest woman"...okay, i sometimes think i am around these parts, but thanks for the shoutout. You know i adore you...and yeah i can and will be a cougar at times "wink", but for you, for you...i will always have your back! Thanks again man!

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Vee said…

    AWW ***sniffle!*** thanks for the shout!

    This is a cool list, I might have to do one one day!!!

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Southerner in Suomi said…

    No filter? Lol.

    Duck, I loves the videos!! Keep 'em coming.

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Southerner in Suomi said…

    PS...this is what you should do more. Focus on the positive and forget the negative.

    I heard this at Bible study last night and it's so perfect. "Many Christians do not succeed in a vibrant faith walk because they possess an attitude of defeat or failure."

    Stay positive. Don't let others steal your joy!!

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Eb the Celeb said…

    I beg to differ on the party girl tip mister...lol

    Girls just wanna have fun!

    yeah and mizrep is definitely a MILF

     

Post a Comment

<< Home