The Post Game Show

Sunday, November 23, 2008

And I will write 200 posts and I would write 200 more...

Y'all remember that song back in the day "500 Miles" by those Scottish twin brothers, the Proclaimers? Man, that was a song that cracked me up for no good reason back in junior high. Anyway, as the subject suggests, this is the 200th post since I started this blog in January of '05. That means I only post like once a week and four times a month, which is nowhere near as many as I'd like to have under my belt, but I'm just going to have to make a conscious effort to post more as time goes on. In the meantime, I'll use this post to update you all on what's going with me since my last self-reflective post a month ago.

I'm shrinking and leaping. I've finally been able to pull my black polo shirt out of the closet and wear it comfortable, which lets me know that I'm starting to make significant process above the legs, which has been my point of emphasis as of late. My legs are starting to tone up something serious with all the walking I've been doing the last two months. As far as the leaping, I was at one of the local high schools for work, and as I was leaving the gym, I looked at the basket and figured "let's see if we can get up any." I got a decent running start, a basic basketball jog and stuck my hand up and slapped the glass backboard without much effort. If I can drop the number of pounds I want to by the summer, somebody's getting dunked on. Look out, playground ballers, lol...

I think about the hook-ups I've had in the last two weeks time and I feel myself slipping away from the "sex is all I need right now" mentality. It was nice, but I definitely don't want to fall into the role of user, even though 9 times out of 10, there was a mutual understanding of what it would be. I guess at 27, I was never meant to be a player or a manwhore, so apparently I should accept that I do need companionship and good conversation along with physical interaction.

Thanksgiving at home - I feel like I'm setting myself up for drama, but I don't even know if I'm going to stay past Thanksgiving day itself, so I'll just play it by ear.

And it's time to decorate the pad, YES! I'm even thinking about buying a model train set to go around my tree this year. Real tree for sure, holly wreath on the front door, maybe even some mistletoe, I'm going all out. You guys can expect a post in the next few weeks about D-Day (Decoration Day), complete with pictures and a reason why I'm choosing a certain day to do it.

Maryland seriously needs to pass a cell phone ban for drivers. I can't tell you how many times I've had to slam on my brakes because the douchenozzle in front of me is yap-yap-yapping while trying to switch lanes or make a left or right turn. As a result, Bonnie's shoes are being worn down, and I'll certainly have to take care of them after this holiday before it gets to be a problem. I swear, whatever it is can wait until you're there or in a parking lot some place. If you're lost, you should've MapQuested the place. Other than that, GET OFF THE PHONE AND DRIVE. Jiminy Christmas.

The recession has really re-awakened the miser in me, LOL...I really have been watching my spending on fast food and snacks I don't need, which is 100 percent of my bad spending. The BJ's card I got has helped as far as finding the beloved Jennie-O turkey burgers from the picture post that helps cut down on eating out. And with gas being back under 2 dollars (THANK YA LAWD!) My account is looking thicker and thicker these days. Good thing I'm with a bank that hasn't shown signs of going under *knocks on wood*

The digital camera has sort of given me a boost of self-love as I've spent most of my downtime taking photos and smiling at the results. I even got bashful sexy for my Facebook profile pic last night, it's definitely one of the favorites that I've taken. I guess I had to take pictures of myself, force myself to look at the results and say "hey, it could always be worse. You're a ham for the camera and your skin looks awesome."

Oh yeah, when are you guys going to visit and comment on The Soundtrack of my life? The musical musings compel you!

That's pretty much all for now, but I swear, I will have some stuff of substance in the coming weeks. I definitely want to thank you guys who keep reading and commenting and befriending me, this blog, aside from being a place to rant and write creatively, has proven to be a great networking and friendship tool, and I hope it continues to be that way.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Mizrepresent said…

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Chris and congrats on the weight loss. Love your idea's about Christmas...since it is my most fav holiday...i began decorating tomorrow...yep and celebrate for an entire month...my daughter always gets a kick out of that, but she knows as soon as she hears Luther Vandross's christmas album...it's on!

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Mizrepresent said…

    oh yeah Congrats on your 200th post too!

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    yay for shrinking. aren't you like 5'8? who are you gonna be dunkin on? preschoolers? lololol. you are way too old to be trying sleeping around. it's not a good look on anyone, but at your age, old man? lol. and you already knew you weren't the kind for it anyway. lol. love decorations! yay for thick accounts! wheeee!!

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger Vee said…

    Congrats on the weight loss ...it's always good to feel like and notice that you're making progress doesn't it! Use that as even more motivation!!!

    I'm ready to decorate too! We moved in to our new place on Monday..yay!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home