The Post Game Show

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mid-October Randomness

- Homecoming is Saturday.  I'm nervous as hell, too, lol...my six plus years at Delaware State University weren't always the greatest (never really liked any of my roommates, never dated any girls at the school, didn't go to a single party), but I am grateful that I got a chance to pursue my professional dreams thanks in large part to DSU.  Hopefully I'll have a good enough time Saturday so I won't feel like never going back again.

- I bought a digital camera today.  Welcome me to the 21st century, y'all, LOL....yeah, I have to give love to all my friends in our chosen profession, because they gave me a 100-dollar gift certificate from Target earlier this year, and I never got to use it until I saw this nice lil Samsung joint, put the card on the camera, and now I'm going to be taking pictures like a madman.  Look forward to some DSU homecoming shots early next week (because Sunday, I am going to SLEEP!).

- My two mile walk is working out well.  At first, it took me an average of an hour and 40 minutes to complete eight laps around a 1/4 mile parking lot, which equals two miles.  As of this morning, I'm down to 1:28.  Progress is indeed a beautiful thing.

- Eight months, 1 week, six hours and 14 minutes since I last *ahem*....God help me.  Droughts are no fun.

- I'm looking forward to Christmas this year because I AM going to decorate my apartment this time around, with the tree and all.  I've decided to try to do it all on December 11th, which is my grandma's birthday.  She would be 87 on that day, and since I was telling a co-worker how close I was to my grandma and how her birthday is two weeks before Christmas, she said "maybe you should do your house on her birthday."  And it shall be done.

- I shouldn't be thinking like this...but damn, is Michelle Obama a 10 or what?  When Barack hugged her last night, his left hand was on "the sweet spot."  And I think I speak for all backside lovers in attendance today when I say there is nothing better than a woman with a "sweet spot."  Y'all peep the video on youtube...you'll see it.

- And finally...the Phillies are in the World Series!  WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Man, I lost my mind and my voice last night checking out the game on line.  The last time the Phillies were in the World Series, I was in 7th grade.  15 years ago. God, I'm getting old.  Let's hope my boys win it this time, for Philly's sake.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    1. dont be nervous have fun!
    2. It's about time you joined the 21st century lol
    3. Yayy for decorating this x-mas

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Southerner in Suomi said…

    This would have been a great post if you didn't start it off with a negative.
    What did I tell you? FUCK them at Del State. Just hang with your friends and have fun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home