The Post Game Show

Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Slight Return...

Well, it's been an interesting first month of 2009 to say the least. My absence the last few weeks can only be explained in two words: "Work" and "work." 'Nuff said.

Anyway I've been slacking on the walking (read - haven't been out there in three weeks), but I have upped the sit-ups to 400 a day and I've also added jumping jacks and push-ups to the mix, which makes for some serious upper-body pain, but that's weakness leaving the body, so they say.

My problem with walking is I like to do it as soon as I get up, but the advanced stages of darkness known as Daylight Savings Time has totally screwed me up. I'd wake up during the spring, summer and fall months with the sun blaring in my face, so I know it was time to get up and go do the work. Now, it's like 8 a.m. before the sun decides to show - if it shows at all - and I'm like "damn, might as well do some sit-ups instead," hence me going from 200 a day to 400 a day. At least I won't be too bad off when time goes forward again in a few weeks like I was last year. My God.

Sadly, I couldn't get to DC despite living about 90 minutes from the Nation's Capital, but I did watch and my mixed feelings didn't come from Obama taking office (as you can see by closing Gitmo and lifting the gag order on Abortion Funding, he's already taking care of business), but that dynamic that he and Michelle have. When she watched him take the oath (screwed up by John Roberts, BWAHAHAHAHAHA) with a proud and loving smile on her face, knowing it was as much her accomplishment as his, that was awesome.

But later that night during the First Dance of the ball with Beyonce singing "At Last" and nearly moved to tears while doing it, I sighed. As much as I love Barack and Michelle's relationship for being genuine, I just don't see that happening for a lot of us. There are a lot more Superheads than there are Michelles and more 50s and Flavor Flavs than there are Baracks. Maybe I'll go into detail about this in another post (which hopefully, won't take three weeks to write).

YouTube is the devil. I've said this before, but I mean it. I've spent so much time either here at the house or in the office watching NBA and NFL games from the 70s and 80s, it's a wonder I get any work or exercise done. I'm just so fascinated with that era of sports, that when a poster loads the bulk of the 1981 NBA Eastern Conference finals or someone has snippets of NFL playoff games from '75 and '76, I can't HELP but watch. Gosh I would've loved to be alive and a sports writer back in those days.

Anybody have any thoughts on swingers' parties? Just curious.

Thursday, I was in Wal Mart handling my grocery business when I saw a white girl in cloth shorts. Oh, I wouldn't think anything of it if it wasn't 15 FREAKIN DEGREES OUTSIDE! There's something wrong with these folks, I'm telling you.

The older I get, the less confident I feel...which is saying something considering I've never been confident to begin with. That scares me.

And finally, I'm learning to cook, slowly but surely. I made these honey barbecued chicken strips a week ago and they didn't turn out bad, just might need some seasoning or a trick to keep the chicken moist and let the bbq sauce seep in. Any tips you guys...I know the majority of my readers are ladies who can burn, so I know you all will help a brother out :)

2 Comments:

  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Southerner in Suomi said…

    You probably just left the chicken cooking too long. Just recall how long you cooked them for last time and cut back a little. Because you're dealing with chicken and don't want germs (better to overcook)

    You can also marinate in some low-sodium soy-sauce, dilute it with some water too.

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Vee said…

    yeah wasn't that inauguration ball (first dance) hot!?!? i loved it :-) Our Prez is SO in-love with his lady...love it love it!

    try to walk in the evenings maybe...? even if jsut for a half hour

     

Post a Comment

<< Home