The Post Game Show

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Moment of Clarity

While realizing this is 2006, I find out now that I'm in a milestone year in my life. 10 years ago this coming fall, I was a sophomore at Howard High School of Technology in Wilmington, DE, a vocational/technical high school with career areas of students' choosing. Mine was Communications Technology, in which we put together a half-hour news show on school television every week, and of course I was the sportscaster.

Lord, some of those tapes need to be burned if they haven't been already. I was a manic Stuart Scott biter, just horrible. But that was my start in sports journalism so to speak, and now 10 years after figuring out what I wanted to do with my life, I'll be presenting to you throughout the year some moments, teams, games, and different things that I have fond memories of in my time as a sports reporter. I've moved from in front of the camera to speaking through the pen, and the transition hasn't been flawless, but it's been fun. Hope you guys are looking forward to it, because the first moment will be coming shortly. Probably after I vent about some real world foolishness, but be on the lookout.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:18 AM, Blogger Sherlon Christie said…

    i believe in you dawg...

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    manic stuart scott biter. lol. i was thinking yesterday about how all over the place we were at hampton w/our newscast personalities. it really made me want to go back and help! so i'm gonna make that happen.

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Lena said…

    Well, I just got finished giving my boy Stan a verbal lashing because he has never mentioned your blog to me, or the fact that your are from Delaware and attending DelState, the school I'm returning to after leaving many, many, mannnny years ago..lol. I will be a print journalism major too. I'm glad I found your blog and look forward to reading more of your work. Wow, I sound like such a groupie. I'm not...really I'm not lol. Take care!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home