The Post Game Show

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Ain't Love Grand? Not...

So this effectively will be my last post for the month of March, and I think I've set a record for postings in one month, so to all the blogger friends and folks who've inspired me to step my posting game up, I thank you. I'm actually even more excited to have my own little journalism/real talk blog now more than when I started it on January 3, 2005. I've made some friends through this here thing and even got to do some networking, so hopefully you guys will continue to be faithful readers as long as I keep posting.

With that said, it's time to get serious for a change. I notice a lot of recent blogs and things have to deal with relationships, gender wars, and things of that nature, and my only post of substance was my critque of the middle aged white woman who has a thing for brothers (http://thepostgameshow.blogspot.com/2005/12/white-women-and-black-men-they-love.html).

These are observations I've made, right or wrong, but I've got to be true to myself on how I feel about this. I've gone through some foolishness in my time, so I'm just going to give my thoughts on it all, and any comments, good, bad, or indifferent, will be appreciated. So here goes.

I'm a misogynist.

At least that's what I've been called the past few months, and truthfully, it's aggravating. Why is it that women can bash men ad nauseum, and be looked at as "oh, that's just women being women," yet when I speak my heart about how I've been treated by females and how screwed up it is, the dreaded M word is thrown around like nobody's business? I'll tell you why...

Men aren't supposed to have feelings.

If a woman lies to/plays/dogs a man, he's supposed to hop back up and say "Oh well, plenty of women out there." That's not the case with someone like me. Mainly because females are content to chase men they can't have, men that aren't doing shit (legitimately, anyway), and men that just bone women for sport. It doesn't help that this is a looks-dominated and looks-obsessed society, and that if a dude isn't at least 6 feet tall, frail looking or muscle bound (there is no in between), and makes X amount of dollars, he's S.O.L. That of course is where Chris Stevens the bitter, female-bashing, sex-minded misogynist was born in some minds, but that just goes to show that some people aren't exactly playing with a full deck.

Most of the good women are taken.

And that's no shade being thrown at the men that are lucky enough to have a good woman; I give you guys props, and hopefully you know what you have. But it's really unfortunate that all of the women who aren't immature, selfish, superficial and shallow are already someone's girlfriend or wife. That makes it harder for someone like me, who already has problems dating, to find a woman who can be a friend, a lover, a confidant, someone who won't judge based on outward appearances.

And I know some people will say, "looks like you need to step your game up." NEWSFLASH: I have none. I'm just an average (or below-average depending on how you talk to) looking guy who's about to enter a job field that I absolutely love. I'm not big-ballin' nor shot-callin'. I'm just Chris. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be good enough.

Men and women can't just be friends.

Platonical Friendships are code for "bullshit," and that's what I call everytime I think about the female "friends" that I have who come to me with their man problems, yet could give less than a damn about my issues with women. Well, not all are like that, but the majority are. I really don't believe men and women can't be friends because of the nonsense I've experienced.

Women will tell me that they're not looking for anything except friendship, yet they end up messing around with some other dude who "just happened to come along at the right time." Yeah. Right. Apparently somewhere between age 16 and now I lost a gang of brain cells and my female buddies think that excuse will fly with me. I'm a person who was raised in a family of brutally honest people; they had no problem telling you the real deal, the bottom line. So how long does it take to say to me "Not if you were the last man on Earth, Chris"? Four seconds, Seven tops.

So that's what I've learned so far. My perception of this whole gender/relationship deal may be simply warped to some, outlandish, disrespectful and ignorant to a few, but I had to get this off my chest before I went competely insane. Although it's hard to believe I'm not there yet.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Sherlon Christie said…

    I'm confident better days are coming for you...keep your head up.

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    you so dramatic. i don't promote gender bashing with either sex. i tell my female friends to suck that shit up, too. all the good ones aren't taken. you'll find one. you ain't gotta be a balla, you just gotta have the right swagger. trust and believe, women are real forgiving in the looks department if you're confident and got a big booty. lol. nah. but if you're confident and funny all that other shit don't really matter. word life son. (hahaha don't you love how i had to get yankee on you so you could get the full effect? us southerners aren't expected to be like this).

    and your friends. men and women can be friends. i've had mad male friends who i wasn't interested in but the b.f. was my best friend first. and you know what, he used to say the same shit you do b/c he tried to get at me or at least kiss me for years. so whatever. it ain't the time for all that. and if she don't want to listen to your probs, she ain't your friend, or ain't that kind of friend for you.

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    and i'm glad you posted your little heart out this month. bout time! lol

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger T Dot said…

    We've talked about most of the stuff on this blog, so I won't bore you by rehashing it all. HOWEVER, I completely agree with Jameil - boys and girls can be friends. Like 3 of my best friends are dudes and I can talk freely with them with no strings attached. and they do the same. And I wouldn't trade them for the world. So I disagree with you there.

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Moses said…

    Goodness, there's really much effective info here!
    free sewing patterns | hot naked women | Rivera Maya

     

Post a Comment

<< Home