The Post Game Show

Friday, March 24, 2006

I Know All About That...

Well with about five weeks left in the semester, I'm glad this rat race is almost over, but I do need to take a summer course or two, so I'll still be in Dover hopefully freelancing around town and picking up these extra credits to make my final fall semester at DSU easier. Hard to believe that my college experience is winding down, and it'll be time for me to join the real world and the ranks of the gainfully employed in journalism.

Even though Delaware State University hasn't been the nicest experience, I'm thankful to God for the opportunities that I have had at this school. Who's to say I would be sports editor at any other school? Well, I am that damn good as a sports writer, but EVERYBODY at other schools can write. So even though this place (and the chicks that are inhabitants of said place) make me sick, I'm still grateful for the opportunity I was given.

On to other notes of randomness, I'm starting to embrace my musical wanderlust. I've been one of many folks bitching that 50 Cent isn't hip-hop, but I find myself singing along(???) with the "Best Friend" joint. Well as long as 50 keeps making pop records, folks can cross that line of hating 50 trying to rap, but digging on his R&B cuts.

I also am deep into Shakira's new song with Wyclef Jean, "Hips Don't Lie." That little ditty is my jam this morning, I have it on repeat, probably because I just saw the video, and well...damn. They say if you can dance you can (fill in the blank). I'm willing to bet my next paycheck her man is happy with her. Good God Almighty. I haven't seen hips move like that since...never. I think I like her name also. Shakira is a sista's name, through and through. Black women with names that are creative and pretty (not ghastly) always find a way to win my heart. Even though this Shakira is Colombian, she might eventually earn honorary sista status like Tom Joyner bestowed upon Lady T, Teena Marie.

Funny stuff coming out of the newspaper office. Two issues ago, Ghostwriter put something in 20 Questions about my roommate, and his girlfriend, j.o., whatever, wrote an angry e-mail to our account, and when my EIC read it over the phone Thursday afternoon, it was all I could do not to laugh my natural-black ass off. She accused Ghostwriter of putting people down, hiding in the dark, etc. It was hilarious. Ahh well, she'll get over it.

Hard to believe it's been close to 18 months since I first got my car, and Champ is still running strong *please allow a brief intermission so that I may knock on wood*

This car has been a great thing for me to have, because it's definitely made me more responsible, more attentive on the road and in general, and again, there is nothing, AND THE ROCK MEANS NOTHING, better than being able to come and go as you please without relying on someone else to get there.

As far the NCAAs go, my brackets are shot to hell, and there's no use in me even stunting like my Final Four is still standing. Well three teams are, but Duke lost last night, and even though that murdered any chance I had of climbing out of the basement in my pool, it still did my heart good to see J.J. Redneck...I mean Redick shed tears as he played his last game at Duke, and he sucked.

Lastly, this T.I. joint is my new cruise anthem. Whenever this song is on in the car, I get an extra notch of swagger, a nice lil ice grill, and poppin my collar on whatever shirt I happen to be wearing. It's strange how music can make you feel at your best and help you remember whatever good times you had that are in the past. Now what you know about that?!

5 Comments:

  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    I hate spam...I'm sorry Jameil, I did not mean to delete your comment, I was aiming for the b.s. and got your comment instead, my fault.

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    sure!! tell those lies! my genius is forever lost! well i guess let me just say, stop hatin on duke b/c i believe del state didn't even make it to the dance. 2) no, ever'body at other schools can't dance. let's take a tour of my station for all the people none of the producers want as their writers (minimum of 3). also, i used to love love, LOVE our 20 questions. my friends used to help w/them and i'd call them in to talia in the middle of the night sometimes.

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    lol she didn't know that. hahahaha!

     
  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger Sherlon Christie said…

    I'm gone for one day...and we have drama on here..lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home