The Post Game Show

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Ignorant times at School Daze U...

Well, I figure since I'm going to be away from this computer for a good part of the day, I may as well rant about the situation I alluded to in my previous post while I have time. Now follow me closely because letters will be used to protect the innocent and the ignorant.

There's a kid at DSU, we'll call him Z. Z is a geniunely nice guy, always speaks to people, very very nice kid. He's also a little slow mentally, and clingy with members of the opposite sex. That would explainable because he lost his mom and feels the loss. I believe we all would. However, some folks like to advantage of Z's generosity and kind heart, like Smut Bucket L. The girl came to school a virgin, but within her brief time at Del State, the girl has seen more penis than the urinals here.

At homecoming time, Smut Bucket L gave Z a sob story about how she wouldn't be able to attend the homecoming concert because she didn't have any money (She could've got money for it by standing on the corner, hell she spreads em for free anyway). Poor Z did the kindhearted, and some would argue stupid, thing and paid for tickets for her and her friends (females), and Smut Bucket L said she would pay him back. This was in October, and well, you know what month we're in now.

This leads to Z getting a rep of "saving hoes" especially from one of his so-called friends, K. K is a dude on campus who has a talent for music, real cool guy or so I thought. That was until he pulled Z on the campus radio station and asked him a bunch of questions that Z didn't know how to defend himself on. Really personal stuff. A lot of people called the radio station outraged that K would take advantange of Z's naivete just for people to listen to his show. It got real heated real fast, my boss even went down to the station to have a word with K.

So now Z has people sympathizing with his plight, but he doesn't feel sorry for himself, which I think is cool. He's just naive about how people are. I've tried to tell him that females at DSU ain't squat, but of course I'm bitter. And he'll always say "I'm gonna teach you how to respect women," not to mention his sincere argument about Smut Bucket L not being, well, a smut bucket. The level of exasperation in his voice is funny, but sad. I just wish he would see that not everybody is your friend, and not every woman is a queen.

So my ranting about this was just to get it off my chest, because I really feel it's messed up that people prey upon weaker folks with such a fervor. Z contributes articles (GOOD ONES, even) to my sports page, and he's nuts about sports like me, so we have a lot in common, and I kinda relate to him. The difference is I got smarter about people, but less caring. I just want him to be hip to the game, but still be the same old Z. I think he can. And it'll be great to see.

9 Comments:

  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Jameil said…

    ummm. yeah. i need you to get your boy. while it was "wrong" for k to out z, he's gettin a little old for the naivete. it may work in delaware, but a highly populated city, he might get got. please help old buddy out. i love that the campus was outraged by the wendy williams-style ambush. it worked tho. i bet a lot more people are listening to see what other "awful" thing k will do. i would listen. people love drama, esp. at a small school.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    what's funny, Jameil, is that we don't even have a damn frequency! It's not like folk all around the state of Delaware heard it, just the students that had their TVs turned to channel 15.

    But yeah, I wish I would get smarter, but he really does some issues upstairs, so you can't put a square peg in a round hole, so to speak. I just hope that the people that are taking advantage of him stop, because it's not cool. At all.

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    he* as in Z, rather.

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Veronica Marché said…

    "Smut Bucket L"? I'm so through with you. LOLOLOL!

    Ah, poor guy. Seems like the type that wants to believe that everyone has some good in them. If only....

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    He does. He got stood up on Valentine's Day by some girl who said she would be his Valentine, but kept saying she had to work, take a friend someplace. He really isn't that sharp, but he's a good dude. I hope some girl will view that as his strength one day and not a weakness. He's a lot better than me, because I'm bitter as all hell, LOL...

     
  • At 3:22 AM, Blogger Sherlon Christie said…

    Z.Z. is HERB! Funny story

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger Jameil said…

    ok by not sharp do you mean naive? if not, how did he get into college? i'm mad y'all don't have a frequency. but still, i would tune to channel 15 when ol buddy is on. matter of fact, don't let me end up in delaware. i'll be like where's k at?

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    I mean not sharp like mentally, like he really doesn't know any better. I don't know how he got in, search me. He's still a good person though, he's just not all there upstairs.

    And Sherlon, he's not a herb, cut him some slack.

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Jameil said…

    ahem. what is that deafening silence from the post game show? i think that's the silence of all talk w/your team not steppin up for the game! well well well. 3rd trip to the tourney in 6 years for the pirates. you may deliver your congrats in any form you like. credit cards not accepted.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home