The Post Game Show

Monday, May 22, 2006

Random Thoughs Before Vacation Ends

So, I will be in Summer Session I starting tomorrow. Hooray. I figure if I can knock out math and my senior project in a shorter session, my last semester in Dover will be much easier, so wish me luck. Six credits in six weeks. Can I do it? We will find out.

I've been exercising in overdrive the last week or so, and it's been an eye-opening experience. For one, after working out, my joints are sore non-stop, even when I wake up in the morning. Two, not picking up a basketball for at least two years will make you sucky.

I've been playing one-on-one with my good friend Darius Brown some days, shooting around alone on others, and oh boy, my shooting is off. Sure I was never a gunslinger like J.J. Redick, but I was butter from 15, 17 feet out. Now, not so much. But I will keep at it. It's exercise that I enjoy doing. And I still hit the track afterwards for the cool down.

I also invested in apples and oranges, my two favorite fruits, and I'm trying my damnedest to wean myself off of fast food, but they callin' me...they callin' me. I don't go to McDonalds like I used to, but I'd like to cut it out altogether. However, I can't kick a cheesesteak from Glasgow Deli just up route 13. That cheesesteak makes me feel Leticia Musgrove-ish when I'm eating it.

That's all for now, but I will leave you with one of my favorite Stone Cold Steve Austin Moments: His big comeback from No Way Out 2003 when it was Five Minutes of funk, him beating Eric Bischoff like he stole something.





Oh Hell Yeah!

5 Comments:

  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    ugh. when i'm off especially, and my dad's home. i'm a fast food junkie. so terrible. its hard!! i write these stories and see commercials all day. it seeps into your subconcious and you just can't stop til you get a big mac and some fries. *sigh* i will survive!! i'm strong!! i am invincible! i am woooooooooooman! LMAO. that has to be one of the wackest songs ever.

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger journiemajor said…

    LOL just keep yourself filled up on the good(healthy) stuff so you won't even be hungry to eat the fatty stuff. And you shouldn't cut your favorites out completely. Just cut back. Once a month or so, and don't get a large order of fries and don't get a double quarter pounder with cheese. Get a cheeseburger and small fries and fill a big gulp cup with water.

    I'm getting back into the swing of it too. And I found when I exercise, I don't want to undo everything I did at the gym, so I don't even think about fast food. And I'm not even hungry after I work out anyway. I'm so proud of myself that I've only had McDonald's 3 times in the last 4 months. Especially when I have to pass by it to get home from the gym. Just keep up the good work!!

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is my first time stopping through and visiting your blog. I like what I see here. Its definitely interesting.

    Dieting is hard. I had to do it for boxing and it takes a lot of discipline. Just stick with it. once you start kicking the bad eating habits, you will ove the results.

    I havent seen wrestling in about 5 years!!! That video brought back some memories of all the matches I used to see!!!

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger T Dot said…

    Good luck on the exercising and healthy eating. The key is to do it a little at a time. Substituting a salad for fries at Wendy's or grabbing an apple instead of chips for an afternoon snack. Stay strong, my brotha! Don't let fast food win!

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anthony said…

    It can't actually work, I believe so.
    weight loss tips

     

Post a Comment

<< Home