The Post Game Show

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Channel Chris: News You Can Use

Hey y'all, it's been a while since I've posted, that's because I've been dealing with some family and emotional issues that I'm trying to resolve as we speak. I hate the fact that I can never be happy, no matter what. For those that don't know, my grandmother is currently in a nursing home with dementia, and I went to visit her yesterday, which was great. She was well, recognized everybody, didn't say anything random or whatever, and she may even be able to come home soon.

That should've been great news, but this feeling of depression overcame me when I was driving back down the highway yesterday after the visit. I really don't know what the hell is wrong with me, but I need to find out. I hate being sad and I don't know why.

In other news, the Sixers continue to make me wish I was a fan of another NBA team. Even though they beat Chicago 89-75 last night to tie the Bulls for the final playoff spot in the East (the Bulls do have the tie-breaker), there's no way a team with Allen Iverson, Chris Webber, and a young star in Andre Iguodala should be out of the playoffs, let alone in the eighth spot. Ugh. After being a Sixers fan for close to 22 years, I may as well own up to the fact this team might never win a championship in my lifetime, and that A.I. will have to go somewhere else to get a ring.

Also, I'm really excited about this year's NABJ convention in Indianapolis, Indiana. This week, I'm going to try to kill all my birds with one stone this week by renewing my membership, mailing off my registration and then checking on flights and hotel rooms. Nothing is going to stop me from being there this August. I'll be job hunting and hanging out with some of the fine folks in the business I've met this past year. Hopefully that will be a bright spot. UNITY '04 was great, but this year I'm going solo to try and prove to myself that I can do things on my own without anyone's supervision. It's going to be tough, but I'm definitely going to give it a shot.

The weight loss struggles continue. I've gained another pound over the last two weeks, so my grand total for four months so far is...one pound lost. How embarrassing. I need to get serious about this if I'm ever going to get it done and find some sort of happiness.

That's all I can think of right now, so until I can have one big thought and post about it, this will have to do for now. Hell, y'all read anyway because you love the kid, "could it be I'm from the 80s, they know what I'm up against..."o.k. that's the last time I'll ever quote Juelz Santana.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol...had to laugh at the Juelz re-quote. :0)..sorry to hear that you are sad...things'll look up....trust.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home