The Post Game Show

Friday, June 09, 2006

I've Had A Miserable Week

But there is good news; I've saved 10 percent on my car insurance. No, seriously, I did, and I didn't even have to switch to Geico to get it done. Earlier this week at Del State, the brothers of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., sponsored a defensive driving course. I was so stoked at the possibility of saving some money on my insanely high liability insurance, that even created my own little slogan-slash-testimonial; "The Krimson and Kream helped save me some green!" Then I give a cheesy-looking two thumbs up. Yes, I'm corny, you'll get over it, LOL...

Anyways, the course was taught by this spunky middle-aged white woman named Ms. Novak. Her blunt, unintentional wit illustrated the horrors of the road, and pointed out to me the error of my ways. For my timid demeanor, I have a volatile side that kicks in at the weirdest times. Hence what my moms calls the worst case of Road Rage in the history of Road Rage-dom. So not only did I learn to be patient on the road, but I also learned steps to take in case of an insane driver.

Today, on my way back from dropping my certificate off to my insurance company and getting my discount, there was a motorcycle on my ass, but instead of slamming on the breaks or feigning like I would, I calmly got over in the right lane, and let the hot rod go on their merry way. At the next light, I looked over and the mystery rider was a sista built rather nicely with low-rise jeans (the helmet concealed her face obviously). Instead of yapping and flipping off the mad dashing lady, I had only one thought in mind. "I'd hit it" as she sped off when the light turned green.

Defensive Driving is a helluva drug.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Sherlon Christie said…

    I need to take one of those courses to save on my auto insurance. I'm a proud Geico member.

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    wow... lol. did you hear about IED- intermittent explosive disorder? basically people w/road rage are people who blow up over small things. i'm convinced one of my peeps has it. PSYCHO!

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    word, Jameil...you think I'm crazy? That's how you feel? LOL

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    i mean, you may be. i don't know. are you? lolol

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger journiemajor said…

    LOL yeah I wrote a story about IED last week. But seriously, people are just sooooo rude on the road these days. Now people turn on their brights to get people to move over, instead of just going around. INSANE IN THE MEMBRANE, I tell ya!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home