The Post Game Show

Monday, July 17, 2006

*Whistling"Guess Who's Back" (the Scarface, Beans, and Hov version)*

Alright, clearly I haven't been blogging or commenting the last couple of weeks. Of course you guys know about my grandmother and I thank you for your condolences and well wishes, it really means a lot to me. Again, I know she's in a better place, and at 84, she lived a long full life and her work here on Earth was done. Our relationship was so cool that she was more than my grandmother she was one of my good friends. Even though I'm going to miss her, I still have the great memories of her while she was here, something I may dedicate a whole entry to in the future.

On to the random update. I'm still sick of females and their b.s. in case you haven't noticed. You gotta love when women just think I'm a complete and utter idiot because I'm not tall, slim, thugged out or a prettyboy. For example, I was talking to this chick; my age, no job, not in school, clearly living at home and without a car and she says to me "you need to spend at least 30 dollars a day on me because [it] ain't free," and my personal favorite, "You have a car? Good, I like to be driven around." Needless to say, that was the only conversation I was involved in. Not to mention females who claim friendship, yet still spreading their legs and bending over for every other dude, but y'all knew that already.

My Summer Session I Grades:

Mass Communications Senior Project: A
Survey of Math I: B

Who's your arithmetic daddy?! YEAH! Who's set builder notation is it?! Give me that integer! O.K., so I'm a little too stoked about a Math grade, but this is one less thing I have to worry about this coming year or semester, however long I have to be at DSU. I'm currently taking Survey II in this second session, so wish me luck. If I pass this, my Math obligations are complete. Wish I had thought of this summer school thing earlier.

I'm watching the A-Team on TVLand and I just remembered how much I loved the intro to the show, and I thought of my Ten95 folks and came up with this killer promo;

In June of 2006, five young black journalists got together to create a blog for readers to track their successes, failiures, thoughts and comments on the journalism industry. These five talented people are spread through out the Northeastern region of the United States of America. If you want to see Who's got next, if you need a different view on things, and if you're not afraid of the truth, and if you can find them, maybe you'll read....Ten95
. *Hums the A-Team theme*

Tell me that's not hot! I dare you! That's that hot ish right there!

To get serious for a minute, the news coverage of Barbaro is sickening. The body count in the Illadelph (Philly for the uninformed) is now over 200, and we're just halfway through July. Yet the big three TV news stations in the city (CBS3, 6ABC and NBC10) waste five to nine minutes a night about a walking glue bottle. Come on now! People are dying, it's about to be 100 degrees all week, World War III is about to jump off in the Mid-East, and all people care about is a limping pack of Hawaiian Silky?! Ri-damn-diculous.

Wow. We're only four weeks away from NABJ in Indianapolis. I can't wait to get there, meet up with my YBJ folks, go to the job fair, make some connects...and hopefully stay away from the alleged freaky-deakiness that goes on at these conventions.

That's pretty much all I got for right now, but yeah, I'm fine, and I'm back in full effect. So in the words of Tommy Davidson as Varnell Hill on that great two-part ep of Martin; DID YA MISS ME?!

5 Comments:

  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Veronica Marché said…

    Hawaiian.

    Silky.

    I'm so through with you.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Southerner in Suomi said…

    All right Math Daddy!! Good job, I know the two I had to take kicked my ass!! Good point on the Philly situation.

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger T Dot said…

    Chris, I know I'm late - I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. Mine passed away last week also (which is why I was out of town this weekend). I hope all is well.

    And on the other side, I'm loving the theme. Can you do it in a sexy voice at NABJ for me? I think I'll appreciate that.

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger La said…

    LMAO!! She DID NOT really say that? Jesus. I feel so sorry for my male friends sometimes... some women are ruthless LOL

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger Sherlon Christie said…

    sorry about the grandmother...I was trying to stop through to show some support on my way to Charlotte...but I guess you were not up for visitors.

    I guess we can do the remix in Indy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home