The Post Game Show

Thursday, November 15, 2007

You don't have to prove to me you're beautifullll to strannnnngers.....

My blogging folk, feel free to check out Chaka Khan's new album, Funk This, it has a cover of a Carly Simon classic that Chaka remade with Michael McDonald (yes, that old ass white guy with soul...Taylor Hicks is merely a Michael Mac jock rider) called "You Belong To Me." Bad Assery at its best. Steve Harvey has that in heavy rotation on the Morning Show, and now I walk around singing that part of the song which is the title of this entry.

I'm so glad that Thanksgiving is here. Guess who's leaving Tuesday morning and daring anyone to say otherwise? You betcha. The downside of working for a family based organization is that they all are local. My fam is 150-160 miles and three hours north in another state. I know you strong independent folks who are states away are wondering "Why are you bitchin'?" Truth is, blog family, I miss my people. I miss Wilmington, Delaware, I miss the laziness my short two month spell at home allowed. But I don't miss not having any certainty about ever getting a job in my field. I have that now, and it's up to me to keep it all rolling.

Speaking of keeping things rolling and rolling well, I finally got my brakes done, and I'm so happy that I can brake and not have to worry about my car shaking like a video girl's bee-hind. I randomly did 60 late last night and slammed on the brakes and sighed a sigh of wonderment and ecstacy, that's how geeked I am to have my car at its peak performance. And it only cost me 100 bucks, so it's a win-win. Yay for co-workers who can get discounts on everything.

If I ever eye grope a woman the way Jameil's 40-something perv at her gym does, feel free to bust my ass, thanks. I thought it was ridiculously funny that this dude took time out to watch her do what she was doing, then follow her ass out the weight room and finally say "hello." I bet he said it like the Exorcist, "heellooooo." So scary. I told her last night he wanted him some specially-made Jam, SGRho flavored. She laughed, but for real, that's crazy. Talk to a woman right away so you'll at least know if she wants to be bothered or not. Says the dude who had a gorgeous friend for the taking in college but never made a move. Go figure.

So after riding to Waldorf to get my DSL kit from UPS yesterday, I still can't use it until Monday because that's when my activation date is. Verizon is drawing, but it's all good. After Monday, no more late nights in the office, and plenty of music and bom chicka wah wah for your boy. Looking forward to it after working all weekend like I'm about to do.

My to-do list now that my brakes are done and I still have a nice amount left; Buy American Gangster (the album), go grocery shopping, try and find a barbershop, work, then leave Tuesday at the asscrack of dawn. Can't wait. So let me ask you guys a question that I'll answer myself in the comments; what are you all thankful for this year?

7 Comments:

  • At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Im thankful for my family this year ... not that Ive not been thankful before but I have taken them for granted ... being some thousands of miles away lets me know how important it is to have family ...to always have that foundation ... and Im thankful that its less than a month and I get to go home!

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger Southerner in Suomi said…

    Just know we'll all be moving farther from home and closer to stardom, but it's ok because, at least for me, they made me who I am.

     
  • At 4:52 AM, Blogger GreatWhyte said…

    Not "bom chicka wah wah," though. Love it. I'm thankful for life in all of it's complicted, difficult glory. Happy Thanksgiving.

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Jameil said…

    maybe my thankful post will be for saturday. hmmm... 8hrs from home. 3 would be a dream... except there is NOWHERE w/in 3 hrs of Charlotte that I'd want to live. ATL is 4 so I guess that's good enough. but i don't really want to live there, either. yay for cheap brakes! stalker said hello TWICE before the locker room hello. geez. i don't need 3 hellos in an hour-- again-- unless you're cute.

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hm. I'm thankful for my wonderful family and friends (and that I'm not far from my folks at all), thankful for my sanity and peace of mind.

    And a good pair of jeans. :-)

    Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

    ~Nikki~

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger Jarrod said…

    That "American Gangster" cd is so necessary. What am I thankful for? Hmmm...I smell a blog entry.

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Ms. Cali - I couldn't imagine being terribly far from my family. I'm three hours away and thinking about them regularly. Thank God for being close enough to drive.

    Nicky - You know it.

    X - You gotta love some bom chicka wah wah...beats the hell outta abstinence. Happy Thanksgiving to you too, ma'am.

    Oh damn Frank, I didn't know three times, I thought he just drooled and said hey while you were leaving. That's too much.

    Nikki, sanity and peace of mind are things I'd LOVE to have right now, lol

    Jarrod - "Success" is my shit from American Gangster. That's the challenge, not to get bored when things are going well.

    As for what Chris is thankful for, blog fam? Life. The fact God sees fit to wake me up every morning, that I get to do something I love (even though I'm not loving certain things that go with it), I'm thankful for family and friends who have my back and support me, and I'm thankful for just being here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home