The Post Game Show

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Nerdy interests, voice posting, and other flights of random fancy

Blame Jameil for the Utterz widget to your right. I was so tickled by her goofiness (she talks just like she types, amazing) that I decided to sign up for the doggone voice post thing myself, and what you see is a window into how Chris sounds, for those who haven't heard me before, or have forgotten what my voice sounds like. Feel free to click play and hear the smooth, melodic sexiness that is my voice. Ladies, you might want to have an extra pair of undergarments handy *wink*

I got a couch two weeks ago, and I thank the lord for it. It was donated to me by a co-worker, not in pristine condition, but nothing a slip cover won't fix. It's actually a sleeper, but I can't let too many people know that. My apartment will SO not become the Hotel, Motel, Holiday Inn (if your girl starts acting up, then you take her friend).

I think I have a new addiction: Female athletes. Track Stars and Gymnasts to be specific. The muscle tone in their bodies is simply outrageous, like a gymnast from the University of Alabama named Morgan Dennis. A message board I visit had her posted in street clothes and gym gear, and yo....thick muscular legs, defined shape and still feminine as all hell...I so need an athletic woman. Of course, it would help if I was athletic, yes? LOL. My track crush is Allyson Felix from the Adidas commercial. She talked about how they used to call her chicken legs before she blew them away on the track. Nothing chicken about her physique either. Gym membership, hello!

So as I was conversing with V on Sunday, I was hype to point out my longtime nerdy interest in early-era Volkswagen Vehicles, with the original Bug being my favorite car ever, but my most recent VW find is the Squareback, a two-door wagon VW imported to the states from 1966-1973.

I was telling V how the best VWs were made during the "air-cooled era," and she was like "huh, what?" So I told her the story of how Volkswagen didn't build cars with water-cooled engines until the mid-1970s, and the 25-plus years prior to that are considered the golden era of Volkswagen automobiles. She was like "ah." It was over AIM, but you can tell she was thinking, "he knows too much about this particular car...period." A site I routinely visit to check out if there are any cheap air-cooled VeeDubs for sale is TheSamba.com, which fulfills all my nerdy People's Car needs. And yes, I am hoping there is a VW car show in Maryland this summer, because wherever it is, please believe I will be there with my work camera getting good pics, LOL.

It was 65 yesterday. Snow is in the forecast for Friday. This is some crazy weather, guys. It's like those goofy "The Earth is trying to tell us something" ads are really coming to life. Or Mother Nature has the ill sense of humor, either one of the two. That's why I'm glad I'm stocked up with hot chocolate and DVDs in case Friday does get crazy. Anyone care to join me for a Friday trilogy/In Living Color/Chappelle's Show marathon?

I'm glad I can catch up on the Holy Trinity of Sistas at CBS3 via the web now, I've missed them in the four months I've been away from DE. Trust me, if it were more sisters the quality of Angela Russell, Mary Stoker Smith and Anne Marie Green on our TV screens, brothers would watch the news, I'm telling you.

And finally...well, I'm grasping at straws, I'm tapped out, LOL. But I'm setting posting records so the O.G. Triple O.G., O.G. Triple Triple Blog Bully can be pleased. Along with my smooth voice, you can all get as much Chris as you can stand.

Like the Isley Brothers, I'm taking y'all to the next phase. Welcome to the future of The Post Game Show.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Southerner in Suomi said…

    Yaaay furniture. The only reason my apt was furnished from the beginning was because I pulled a major jack move on my mom's house. Lol.

     
  • At 6:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    so it looks like all the men are into these track women huh... nothing wrong w/that!

    umm i so wish i could watch those shows can we say jealous!

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Jameil said…

    i need you to speak up!!! i know you're trying to get people to think you're so so sexyyyyyy (so sexy) per.fect for meeee. ya boy r-uh! but i'ma need you to either a) talk directly into the mouthpiece or b) SPEAK UP!! tired of having to turn the sound up to BLAST then getting IMs and dying as a result. thx. mngmnt. its 4 degrees right now. yikes. how bout instead of friday nite dvd marathon you get out of the house? mm kay punkin? thanks!

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have a 78 VW convertible ... or at least my parents do ... i love that car and wish I could get it out to cali ... i drove it for about 2 years ... it would be perfect in Cali ...

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Jarrod said…

    Alyson Felix?? Eh...look up the Barber twins that used to run for University of South Carolina and now run for Team USA...they're a PROBLEM! And they're from Jersey...yeah that's how the home state grows em!!

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger CNEL said…

    I remember when Allyson Felix first hit the scene she is cute, and yes Morgan is fine. I'm a female athlete fanatic too. Go figure lmao.

    Oh and yeah speak the hell up or do something to boost the audio. It ain't just Jameil whose going speak up negroid.

    And I may add Utterz cause I am sometimes too busy to blog besides "Hi I'm alive" and "Bye I think I'am about to die."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home