The Post Game Show

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Three Year Anniversary and what's on my mind.

On January 3, 2005, a Delaware State University student started a sports-only blog that eventually evolved to another forum to express himself and showcase his personality. That blog now stands before your eyes as a paragon of humor, a beacon of truth, and a source of fighting boredom. Welcome to Year Three of the Post Game Show!

I know y'all diggin' the intro, I know. Anyway, today marks the 3rd birthday of my blogger project that has really turned into another forum to meet people and get my feelings about life and everything it out there. While I have only 130-something posts to my credit, everyone knows when I do post, 98 percent of the time it's got some substance to it, and this time is no different. My thoughts tonight? Tolerance.

Mine is LOW. Really, really low. As two double oh eight begins, I feel myself being less and less tolerant of things that do not benefit me as a person professionally or personally. As I've lost weight and gained a job, I really do not have the time or the patience to deal with things that aren't going to help me as time wears on.

What I've finally learned is that it's quite alright to be selfish. When God calls your number and you're standing before him on Judgment Day, ain't nann notha soul up there but YOU. YOU have to explain to God how you spent your life and why you should spend your afterlife up there instead *gulp* down there. For me, looking out for self has been something that I've long overlooked, and those days are over with. I realize now if I'm unhappy, then I'm really screwing myself because life is short.

For most of my life, I've been forced into less than desirable interactions with women, "friendships" they're called. Well, aside from aesthetic differences, what makes me any less deserving of more, be it relationships or sex, than any other dude who doesn't have as much going for him as I do? And even the aesthetics shouldn't matter.

I've long been tired of women who use me for conversation, rave about my sense of humor and then go off to their merry little lives with friends with benefits and boyfriends and the like. The only difference is in 2008, I plan to do something about it. I've learned that keeping my distance from women who want to be my "friend" has actually saved me a ton of heartache and stress because I no longer have to trouble myself with wondering if I'm being felt or being virtually slapped in the face with "I don't like you like that" or "you're like *insert family member of choice here* to me."

It's also true that women give dudes like me bad advice on purpose because it keeps them from having to deal with me on a level other than friendship. Took me a while to get hip to that game, but after the 23,450th time of hearing "good friends make good lovers" and me not even getting a date out of it, it finally sunk in. If women really wanted me, they'd let me know and not keep me around as "friend" or as I was once called behind my back "a girlfriend with a dick." So why be bothered with someone who doesn't want to be bothered with you? Makes sense to me.

So that's what my tolerance is low for. Being used as some sort of pastime or sounding board when all I get out of it is loneliness and a worse attitude about women than I had before. In 2008, to quote Hova, "either love me, or leave me alone." That way everybody wins and I get to keep my sanity.

What's left of it anyway.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Southerner in Suomi said…

    EFFEM ALL!!!

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Jameil said…

    "less and less tolerant of things that do not benefit me as a person professionally or personally"

    as you should. you've repeated this theme several times in the last 6 mos. i hope its sinking in.

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    There is nothing wrong with being selfish, do what you have to for YOU. About women..I wish they werent all like that b/c they giving some of us a bad image.

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger CNEL said…

    "When God calls your number and you're standing before him on Judgment Day, ain't nann notha soul up there but YOU."

    Speak.

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger La said…

    "paragon of humor, a beacon of truth, and a source of fighting boredom"

    So humble. lol

    Women are the worst. Unfortunately many are hardwired to look for the wrong guy and then relish the attention from the drama.

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    I've been trying Agent, that's part of my problem, lol

    I know Jameil, I know. It should, but we all know I'm a glutton for punishment.

    Memph, they really do. I look at all women the same way now because of the shit I've been through.

    CNEL, they know what time it is.

    Well, La, as a flaming heterosexual, I have no choice but to hope women start to change, but if they don't, I'm not sure where that will leave me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home