The Post Game Show

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I didn't mean to take all your sweet time...I'll get it back to you...one of these days...

*Struts in playing air guitar to the strains of "Voodoo Child" by Jimi Hendrix*

So while my workload is increasing, I still plan to blog often as I can, because I see some folks demand the hotness that is The Post Game Show (La would call me humble right about now, lol). In all seriousness, I realize that while I comment on folks' entries, I haven't given them a reason to comment on my blog because of my infrequent posting. I've never been a good multitasker, so some things get left on the side of the road, and TPGS has been one of them. That's one thing I plan to change in '08 along with a bunch of things, one of them highlighted in my last post. This one however is all about the random thoughts, so follow me through this journey, won't you?

Three months, 20 days, nine hours, 17 minutes and 48 seconds since I last *ahem* got lucky. I blame the new job for this. I had established a rapport with my boy's cousin who apparently enjoyed herself the two times we went there, but when I moved all the way on the other side of MD instead of staying in DE, that connection broke off, thus the drought. Lord help me.

I'm back on track, cats and kittens. My crib is full of Rice Krispies (no sugar added), cold cuts, fruit, and sweet merciful orange juice. I've been walking non stop for two months now, so I'm feeling like the weight I gained will be gone pretty soon and I'll set out about the business of reaching my ultimate goal, which is 215 pounds.

Alycia Lane was fired from CBS3 in Philly this week for allegedly slapping around a cop in NY and calling her a "f-ing dyke." Why should you care? I dunno, LOL. I've been a CBS3 head for a while because they have three sistas there who make the news worth watching for me (Mary Stoker Smith, Angela Russell and Anne Marie Green, or as I call them "The Holy Trinity"), and Alycia stood out for being the hottest newscaster (in the white standard of beauty, anyway) in Philly.

She also did odd things like go on Dr. Phil to talk about her failed marriages and e-mailed bikini pics to Rich Eisen of the NFL Network. That wouldn't be such a problem except for one thing. Rich is, uh, married. Yeah. Hopefully Ms. Lane gets her act together because she was pretty solid. In my opinion, the hottest non-black newswoman in Philly? Erin O'Hearn of Channel 6 Action News.

I still miss DE/PA/NJ immensely, but I'm not sure what to do about that, especially since my private time is being limited now. Don't ask. Go to Ten95 for the job update.

Barack Obama just might do it. That's all I can say. Don't want to jinx the man.

I'm still amazed that I have an apartment to come back to, and there's no one here but me. No roommates who I can't stand, no family drama, and no cable either *le sigh* but just ME. I'm definitely used to this "independent living" thing.

I finally got around to reading an Omar Tyree book I was always interested in, "A Do Right Man." It chronicles the story of a lifetime radio guy from when he hooked up with his dream girl his senior year of college, throughout his mishaps in radio and in love to falling in love with his good friend from college, who originally kept him at a distance because he slept with the other girl way back when.

Kinda reads like my life except plug in something else for radio and the fact that he banged over 30 women before settling down. My count is not THAT high. I get taken to a fantasy world when I read novels, especially ones filled with sex because that's always been on my mind, and sometimes I wonder "why can't I get that much action?" Then I go "oh yeah, it's a book, genius."

7 Comments:

  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Southerner in Suomi said…

    I gotta go get me some OJ!

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    It must be nice having your own place and not being bothered applaud my brother..is 20 days really that long your probably laughing at me for that one im so naive.

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    mmmm home alone. nice! you consider rice krispie treats healthy? errr... ok.

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger La said…

    ahh to be home alone... and then call someone to come over and help me break the silence. *sigh, daydreaming*

    Jimi? Omg youre fantastic, lol

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Eb the Celeb said…

    you dont want that much action... its trouble, trouble...not speaking from experience but have homeboys that say that getting some has lossed its thrill... and now all they do is thrive for new pussy to compensate... they can now never be monogamous, and thats sad.

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Agent...I got two gallons and planning to get more this weekend. OJ is a helluva drug!

    Memph, actually it was 3 months and 20 days, but I had company on Wednesday and well....complaining over :)

    As I told you yesterday, oh Jamonit one, that was Rice Krispies the cereal. Even though I could use a RK Treat right about now.

    La, that happened to me on Wednesday, so I now know what it's like to get it in your own apartment. It's DAMN liberating, lol

    Celeb, I see the point. I think I just feel left out of the loop among my male friends and associates, but I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

     
  • At 3:06 AM, Blogger CNEL said…

    I'm thinking bout heading north since you currently occupy MD, haha.

    Alycia Lane = idiot = if she sues she's a bigger idiot = I hope she learns what a morals clause is when her next station hires her.

    Angela Russell = goddess.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home