The Post Game Show

Friday, March 28, 2008

Ask Chris: The Questions and answers

So I had three ladies ask me questions (you know, I know more than three people, y'all better ask me some damn questions, LOL), and I'm going to answer their questions all in one entry. Read it, you might learn something about your boy.

The first batch of questions comes from D'lee Trecia (my answers will appear after each question):

Ok, Where is your photo?
Well, I honestly don't think of myself as much to look at, so I keep my photos to myself to avoid embarrassment. May post one eventually

One of your past post mention how difficult it is to find a real woman, What do you think you are doing wrong? eg looking in the wrong places, trying so hard etc?
I guess I would say trying too hard and not trying right. In some of my archives, I talk about my dependence on internet conversation instead of meeting women the old fashioned way because of my shyness and my lack of confidence in my appearance. If I tried to talk to women in person instead of online, maybe things would be different.

I'm sure you want to be a father, do you feel your time is running out? that you might be too old to run after your child?
I think about that often. I wanted to be married by 26 and a father before 30...that ain't lookin' too hot right now. I guess you're only as old as you feel, but I refuse to be a first time father at 40. Ain't happenin'.

If you could be a Disney character, who would you want to be and why?
Sadly, my favorite Disney movies and my some of my all-time favorites are the Herbie The Love Bug movies, so I guess I'd be a 1963 Volkswagen Beetle with a mind of its own, LOL...not sure why though.

Fave quote?
I have a ton, but my current favorite is by football legend, activist and actor Jim Brown: "I'm not interested in trying to work on people's perceptions. I am who I am, and if you don't take the time to learn about that, then your perception is going to be your problem."

I want to gain some weight, how can I do so? Seems when I eat and eat it only goes to my stomach and it disappear after a while...
Oh, if I had that problem, I wouldn't be as big as I am now. I guess you could probably try to develop some muscle tone or deal with supplements and weight gain shakes, but those things are so unsafe; the shakes and the supplements, that is.

Next batch of questions comes from the Mighty Memphiz Soul:

1. Why do you blog?
Originally, this blog started as a sports blog, but once I felt more comfortable blogging about my life and making friends from it, it became an outlet to speak my mind on various subjects, so it's a cathartic exercise as well as a networking tool.

2. What is your type of chick?
Ha, I don't even feel comfortable enough talking to a woman in person, let alone identifying what kind of woman I want. I guess I can say a woman who's beautiful inside and out, intelligent, caring, thoughtful, has a healthy sense of humor, has her own thing going, and likes being around me. I doubt I ever find or even am worthy of a woman like that.

3. If you had to choose between toilet paper or tooth paste which one would you choose and why? LMAO (answer the question)!!

Living with those Africans got you messed up, huh? Toilet paper always. Like you can just keep your mouth closed if things get that bad. A dirty bee-hind? No coming back from that one.

4. What are your thoughts about marriage?
I kinda get bitter and say things like "boo" every time I see a wedding announcement or some pictures because the older I get, the more I realize that I may spend my entire life alone. I mean I'd love to be wrong, but I guess marriage works if you want it to work. If you like playing the field, then you shouldn't waste your time or someone else's by trying to settle down.

5. If you could meet any bloggers who and why?
I'd love to meet so many of my blogger friends (a lot of whom I've met already, but for argument's sake, I'll go with the ones I haven't.) Jam and I are always cracking eachother up, I think we'd make a great comedy duo; her fabulosity and my odd negro-osity...comedy GOLD. La because she's so outspoken and her life just seems to be an adventure a minute. To be around that for a day or so would be cool. You of course, Memph, because I want to be there when somebody pisses you off and you make that face. I'll be rolling on the floor, thankyouverymuch :) And finally, Eb, just to see if she's as wild as she appears to be in my opinion, lol.


6. What song would describe your typical day?
Probably my favorite song of all time, "Higher Ground," by Stevie Wonder. Just always looking to keep on going until I get to my own Higher Ground, which is something I have yet to figure out, but day to day, it's all about climbing the mountain and trying to get to the top.

And finally, we have Eb's questions:

I'm gonna concur with D'lee and ask why you all secretive and dont have a pic psted?
I'm not being secretive, I'm just not ready to put a face that will never be mistaken for Denzel completely out there yet, LOL

If you could date 3 blog women in real life who would they be and why?
Oh hell no. You ain't gettin' me in trouble. If my blog crush ever found out, I'd surely die. Sorry, I'm passing on this one, LOL

How do you know D. Sands?
Through mad networks of young black journalists, and of course he's a founding member of Ten95.

What do you and the other young professionals hope to accomplish with the ten95 blog?
I think what we set out to do was to through us, give other young professionals in our field a place where they can read our entries and say "hey, I'm going through that!" And be able to get through it rationally and learn something that will enhance their skills through our trials and tribulations. And I think we've done a pretty good job of that :)

So there you have it. The floor is still open for questions people, so you can comment on my answers to these three ladies' questions and fire away if you have some of your own.

10 Comments:

  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Jameil said…

    did you really say "I doubt I ever find or even am worthy of a woman like that." that is completely contrary to your alleged fave quote. i'ma need you to print out said quote (full of swag) and put it in your line of vision at all times. that is all.

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Living with these people do have me messed up LMAO...thank you for answering the question... whew im cracking up right!

    Also I agree with Jameil lets get some confidence started Chris!!

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Eb the Celeb said…

    OK... you are lame on so many levels for this...

    when we asked about the pic... you were suppose to come back and post one... its up to us to decide if your something to look at or not...lol

    2nd reason your lame... how are you going to tell us to ask you anything and then not answer my dating a blogger question. Just rude... you cant have limitations on the questions you will answer..LOL

    But thanks for the shout and me making the list of bloggers you would like to meet... and who me?

    I'm not wild at all *wink*

     
  • At 3:08 AM, Blogger Southerner in Suomi said…

    Chris you always telling us to go look at your pictures on facebook, so stop lyin' and put up a pic on here!!

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so late.. lol...

    Looks isn't everything. ok, we tend to go far with it. but my own experience tells me just cause the man may have billions of female chasing him, It don't make him any better.

    I think when you build up your self confidence, you would be surprised. A TRUE woman will see it a mile away.

    dumb word V trippin on me... third time now...

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger La said…

    That is so funny cuz I'm afraid my day to day life would be terribly uninteresting for you, lol

    Married by 26?!?! *shudder at the thought*

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger Sherlon Christie said…

    lol...this could be one of your best posts. Your personality comes over well in this post. Keep it up.

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    I love that quote Jam, and I need to enforce, but something's always getting in the way.

    I hear you. Memph. Enjoy your vacation!

    well Eb, I'm a sensitive and fragile person, so if one of my blogger friends kinda went off on my appearance, I'd be bothered by it. And as far as the dating question, I'm like Bush, I'll dodge that one with the quickness, lol

    Agent, you KNOW me. Most of blogger doesn't.

    It's alright D, happens to the best of us. And yeah, y'all are out of control when it comes to physical appearance.

    La my dear, compared to my dull, drab life, yours would be like Treasure Island (how I heart that book). And yeah, 26 seems kinda young to be married. I guess I felt being married young works.

    Appreciate it, SP. I'm tryin', man, believe me.

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh i see i'm linked as "shes a dymepiece" rolling on floor laughing hard too funny.. most people call me koffee Dyme... but whatever its your place...

     
  • At 1:49 AM, Blogger CNEL said…

    I want to know about those 3 blog women.

    E-mail me privately thanks very much. I'm not playing. HaHa.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home