The Post Game Show

Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday Morning Thoughts

- The weight loss stuff is going fairly well, although I haven't stepped on a scale since early February. The trick is not to get caught up in numbers, but paying attention to how my clothes fit and my energy level is how I do it. Then when I see the number, I can be pleasantly surprised or aware that I have more work to do instead of letting it depress me.

- Thanks to Missouri for blowing up my bracket. Death to the Tigers!

- For someone who once was invited to a swinger's party (don't judge me), I haven't been thinking about sex nearly as much as I have before, and that concerns me. I guess I've been really on my hustle with this diet and exercise as well as work. Really, that's how it's supposed to be. But I miss being a horndog.

- RIP John Hope Franklin, a scholar and a gentleman, as well as one of the true black intellectuals of the post-Civil War era. I'm so glad you got to see Barack Obama become our president.

- Can you pay my bills, can you pay my telephone bills, can you pay my automo-bills? Being grown is not fun these days. I'm definitely thinking about scaling back my house phone or just cutting it off completely. Do I still need a phone line for DSL? I'm sure someone can answer this for me.

- I'm planning a slight escape in about three weeks. How do I plan to spend that Saturday, you ask? In Dover, Delaware watching the Red-White spring football game at DSU! I sure know how to party, right?

- I'm thinking of trying my hand at turkey meatloaf this weekend. It depends on whether I'm too lazy to get the stuff I need for it from BJ's.

- It's tough living in Maryland's neitherworld. You hear guys raving about these bad ass chicks in Montgomery, PG, Howard County and DC...and you're stuck in St. Mary's County with Roseanne Barr look-a-likes and the few black women like to play more games than Parker Brothers. Jesus be a new gig in a sizeable city with Negro population.

- Team Lil Rounds! I've watched maybe 15 minutes of American Idol, and the 24-year old married (lucky mofo her husband is) mother of three from Memphis Tenn-a-key is doing her thing. She's got the big voice to deliver the songs and the perfect name - She is Lil, but she got them ROUNDS behind her *rimshot* Thank you, thank you! You're a beautiful audience!

- I'm thinking about pursuing a book project that would mainly focus on something in my hometown, but I'm not sure if it'll come to fruition. I'll let you guys know if or when I make it happen.

- Last but not least *cue up the Donnie Simpson/Big Tigger sounder* ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT'S FRIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend and I leave you with a joint to get you going. I've been pop-locking and doing the robot all morning to this one...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home