The Post Game Show

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

First day of classes, Bedroom Boom, and more....

Yes TPGS fans, classes at Delaware State University are back in full swing, and I must say that the first day is always the best, but I plan to keep busy and stay out of my apartment until it's time to go to bed for the night. Right now, the current living situation with dumb-ass annoying athlete who's academically ineligble is grating my nerves, so I may be forced to get out more often and try some new things after all. But a quick run down of my first day of classes:

Media Research Techniques (T, TR 9:30-10:45 a.m.): Taught by one of my favorite professors because he's not demanding, but willing to help at all times. Besides, research has always been fun for me, and I might be doing a paper on these here blogs, so my fellow journalism bloggers, start trying to hide from the interview process now :)

Global Societies, (T, TR 12:00-1:15 p.m.): A class which could hold interest as far as learning about the world and its economic and environmental state, but mainly because the professor is cute, but she's married and expecting. So much for that teacher's crush. Seriously, I want to be well aware of what's going on if I decide to travel overseas, so this class will come in handy.

Editorial and Feature Writing (T, TR 3:00-4:15 p.m.): Taught by the head of our mass comm department *cue Star Trek/spaced-out-style music*...this could be the longest class of the semster.

I still have Survey of Math and English Lit II tomorrow, but I already know what those classes will entail, so no surprises there.

In other news, the Hornet newspaper is back in business, and I've missed my co-workers and hanging around them in the office. They try so very hard to be my friends, really they do, LOL...I guess me making things difficult doesn't help, but I visited "The Diva Suite" (yes, they are all females, hence their name for their dorm suite) this weekend and just hung out to relax. Nothing wrong with that I suppose. Our first issue drops on the 27th, although we still are having trouble securing a website. Hopefully I can help get that off the ground for them before I graduate.

The men's basketball team is off to a good conference start at 5-0 in the MEAC(7-10 overall), and I went to Howard to cover their road game with the Bison last Saturday. It was all fun until my glasses cracked, thanks to them being blown off my face by the cold DC wind. That sucked. Now I'm walking around with a piece of tape on my glasses which hurts my eyes, but until I can get a new pair, this is what I'm stuck with. Sucks.

And to close out, I need to vent about the Ying Yang Twins' newest sex song "Bedroom Boom" featuring Avant. I heard this monstrosity for the first time tonight as I was driving from WalMart. The song basically screams "Que La Chinga?" That's Spanish for WTF, by the way. I mean damn, if these cripsy ass Muppets are getting action, why can't I? And Avant, who I actually like as a singer, did some serious damage to his CWC (Credibility with Chris) by co-signing for these delinquents.

I do remember a time that sex was in music, but it was never blatant, only metaphorical. For example, one of my favorites from back in the day was the late, great Minnie Riperton's 1975 classic "Inside my love." The song is one big advertisement for a one-night stand, but it's never "oh boy, come get this p***y, I want that big d***" and so on. It's gentle, playful, and of course, the title definitely isnt referring to her love seat.

But I must know...ladies, I thought it was all about looks. Surely your standards are higher than this:

3 Comments:

  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger T Dot said…

    I love that song "Inside My Love" - definitely know what you're talking about. I will admit it took me a second to catch onto it. It's so demure by today's standards, I knew what it was talking about but never really thought about it until one day... "hey, this song is about sex." Ahh well.

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanh??? crispy ass muppets!!! that's hilarious. you know that some women are unable to see past wallets and bling. gone ahead and get over that. those aren't the ones you want anyway.

    i don't know which is better. the "demure" or the flat out girl gimme that. i mean i'm not feeling the r&b people croonin about how bad they want to f*ck!! that's so lame to me! you can't be hard when you're croonin!!

    i never liked the whole easy teacher thing. they used to get on my nerves. i need someone w/a backbone.

     
  • At 2:38 AM, Blogger Sherlon Christie said…

    I might have to peep this Ying Yang Twins' newest sex song "Bedroom Boom" featuring Avant.

    Hot damn...you just gave me a new phrase..."Que La Chinga?" Shit...that sounds sexy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home