The Post Game Show

Thursday, January 11, 2007

I'm Slippin', Fallin', I can't get up...

It only took six weeks for me to break camp. After a heated argument with a hook-up gone awry, I'm back to feeling like the entire female gender is a superficial and shallow cesspool of immaturity, evil, trifling and irritation. It's frustrating to think that you've turned the corner as far as a bad habit goes, only to discover it's much harder to kick than you ever anticipated. Like cigs, alcohol and any other crippling habit, it takes a lot of effort to break the habit, and I'm really wondering if it's worth it.

To give a little background on said story, I was supposed to hook-up with this chick a month ago, and she never showed that night. Didn't call, didn't explain herself. So when she got ahold of me via e-mail two days later, I let her have it. I mean words that haven't even been invented yet, words that you don't want ears under 18 to hear or read. So then not too long ago (Tuesday), she calls me, after swearing she lost my number that night and she was going to call and explain herself (whatever), she calls me to say that I'm a mean person. So I've been pissed off two times two many and again I air her out, and name calling ensues and that was pretty much the end of it.

So you're either thinking my sanity has jumped the shark or I was under the influence of a narcotic or some alcoholic beverage to talk to a woman that way. Nope. Sober, sane and out of patience and understanding. As I've preached in previous entries like this, I'm much more likely to appreciate honesty than the game playing and the lies. If you're not interested, have other plans, or are even repulsed at the idea of being involved with me, feel free to say so. At least I know where you stand instead of having to decipher through some foolishness to get to the real meaning.

It's almost like I'm fighting a losing battle. I want to believe that there are decent women out there, I even know a small number of them. Yet I continue to get screwed over by chicks who continue to make women as a whole look bad.

And make me wonder what's wrong with me.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well first of all, nothing is wrong with you. Nothing. Except maybe low self esteem. And that's something that only you can work on.

    The thinkg that will be most difficult to work on is the idea that just because one person upsets you, you can't use them to define an entire group of people. Hell, remind me one day to tell you about Mr. I Tripped And Fell Down An Elevator Shaft. You're not the only person this stuff happens to. And trust you won't be the last.
    Still, to get biblical, you need to have faith the size of a mustard seed ...
    The right woman for you is out there. Just have faith.
    And patience.

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What's that saying, "The first shall be last and the last shall be first."

    Something tells me you want a relationship that will be real and true, and something tells me that eventually you'll get it.

    It's hard out though, but let it be rough now, so you can take it easy later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home