The Post Game Show

Monday, October 23, 2006

Just Like Music...

Alright, now that I know that I can actually run without feeling like dying for a few minutes, I think I'm going to try out a morning run once I get some smaller sweatpants, and my ultimate dream is to have an IPod to serenade me while I get my run on. I heard they're rather expensive, and since I can't even afford to pay attention right now, I'll just listen to the sounds in my head when I start this run once DSU football season ends in a few weeks. Those can be rather dangerous, strange, and arousing (the sound of a woman always in my head/never in my bed...why they gotta do me like that?).

Still, I do have a dream playlist in the works for when I am able to afford an IPod, and I'm going to share it with you guys and hope you have some suggestions to help me build this list the right way. The title of the song or track will be followed by a brief reason why I chose this for my list, so enjoy, comment, whatever it is that you do when you come here.

  • Mr. Perfect's Theme Song.
  • You might be able to hear it faintly when the late great Curt Hennig, a.k.a Mr. Perfect is coming to the ring, but if you can't, this instrumental is just majestic and motivational, making you feel like you too can be *spits wad of chewing gum out and slaps it into my waste basket with my right hand* "Perfect!"

    "I'm a hustla (remix)," Cassidy ft. Mary J. Blige. Nothing like an ill Swizz Beatz drum program to make your legs move. Although the original is fine because it's clearly the same track, I just prefer Mary crooning "Eeeeeee-vuh-ree day, you know you gotta hustle babe, you can't knock the hustle bay-bay!" Clearly that's what my life is about right now.

    "I love music," The O'Jays. Borderline Disco with a sprinkling of funk, it's classic Sound of Philadelphia, and something you can cool down with if you choose to slow jog the final mile or two out.

    "Keep on Running," Stevie Wonder. Off of the slept-on "Music of Mind" Album, the funk is so serious, it's almost like a sped-up sample that was recorded in real time. And the title is motivational. When you feel like stopping or walk past a candy store....KEEP ON RUNNING!

    "I'm So Fly," Lloyd Banks. Of course I hate anything G-Unit related, but you can't help but feel athletically inclined with this beat, especially after Banks perfomed it on SportsCenter NY in 2004.

    "What about your friends," TLC. Nothing significant about this song (at least related to exercise), but it just makes me want to move.

    "Jump Start," Natalie Cole. '80s R&B is a helluva drug. This was the first song I can remember that I never could get enough of, and I really want to Jump Start this new lifestyle, so why not use the song? Hope y'all caught the symbolism.

    "Let's Go," Trick Daddy ft. Lil' Jon and Twista. Oh yeah. Wanna get fired the hell up? Listen to this. You'll be ready to run 25 miles...or at least slap the spit out of somebody.

    "Welcome to Detroit," Trick Trick ft. Eminem. Thanks to former Hornet Blake Saunders' dope Youtube vid chronicling the DSU football team's season opening win in the Detroit Ford Football Classic, I can't stop listening to that song. I'm nowhere near Detroit, but I can't help but want to run in direct correlation with the Video.

    "Highway to Hell," AC/DC. Definitely what my legs and ribs are going to feel like I've been on the first few times running.

    "Ruff Ryders Anthem (Remix)," DMX, Clue, Et Al. You already know. And if you don't, you better ask somebody.

    "Notorious Thugs," B.I.G and Bone Thugs N Harmony. The rumors of Big's voice being sped up electronically to match Bone's flow are greatly exaggerated. And if the late great Frank White can get his vocal up to speed, dammit, I can do the same with my legs.

    That's just a small sampling, but more will be added on as soon as I can think of some things, and hopefully you guys will make some suggestions for me to get this thing started.

    4 Comments:

    • At 8:54 PM, Blogger Southerner in Suomi said…

      Hmmmm, there are so many that come to mind. Definately "Go-Go Gospel," #1 on Gnarls Barkley. To go old school, and cause I'ma girl, "Square Biz" by Teena Marie. "Everybody get UP!!!" That'll definately get ya moving.

       
    • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

      Eeeeeee-vuh-ree huh? how about "Celebrate?" that makes me move all the time. ABC, 123. that makes me move too. the ipod shuffle is only abt $80. you should be able to get that one as a Christmas gift. i was shocked by the price. i thought it was pretty affordable.

       
    • At 9:18 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

      ooh! ying-yang "georgia dome." some lil john, too. all that southern music makes me move. some baltimore club music. ahhh yeah! put a little new orleans stuff on there, too. dj jubilee! that's what i call ghettorobics! hot fiyah!

       
    • At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I LOVE that Tricky made your Ipod list. LOVE it. LEMME HEAR YOU HOLLA RUNYON AVE IN THIS BITCH!

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home