The Post Game Show

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Everyday the Sun doesn't shine, sometimes it has to rain...

The subject of this entry comes from the O'Jays' 1978 classic "Cry Together", and it's been really an appropriate statement considering my college situation just got even more dire Friday. Apparently instead of missing only the one class in my major (which I start finishing next week), I'm missing two classes in my minor and they won't be available until Spring 2008. Fab. U. Lous. Apparently a lack of a curriculum sheet and taking two courses that I didn't need are the genesis of this problem, and not only does is threaten to delay the start of my career even more, but it means I will eventually have to come back to this school that I absolutely hate, and spend extended time back home in Wilmington, which is something I simply DO NOT want to do. So I'm in the process of looking into Independent Study or *gasp* finding other schools to take these two classes at sooner.

At first I was really going through a moment, I actually drowned my sorrows in food this past weekend for the first time in maybe three years, but as the sun continued to rise, water was still wet, shit still stunk and R. Kelly was a still a perv, I realized that it wasn't the end of the world. Pretty heady stuff for an emotional and neurotic misanthrope I'll admit, but it's true. None of us really knows when our time is going to come but the Higher Power. Not Bush, not anybody he's beefing with, not any of these wackjobs claiming to be Jesus that seem to come out of the woodwork every 15 years, nobody. Until your number's called, it's up to you to make the most out of your life, and I'm certainly going to do my best to make the most of what I have and go after what I can have.

I've noticed that most of the people in my life (family, friends, professional acquaintances, etc.) are dealing with their own problems right now, and it creeps me out that we ALL are struggling in some form or another these days. It's like bad luck is on a 30 or 35-game hitting streak, and every pitch we throw at it is getting hammered. Sooner or later, somebody's gonna wing a 12-to-6 curveball at bad luck, and it'll be over. Sorry for the sports-related analogy, but it's in my blood, I honestly can't help it.

So I say all of that to make this point; we're not alone. As long as we have eachother and these wonderful means and forums to express our emotions, fears, worries, concerns, etc., the rain will eventually clear up and the sun will shine on us all again. Until then, let's get under this um-buh-rella (ella, ella...ey...ey!...sorry Jameil, couldn't resist.)

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home