The Post Game Show

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday Morning Randomness

As I hem and haw about doing my usual weekend cleaning before the Sixers-Pistons game tonight, I figured that I would exercise my fiyah procrastination skills by blogging about random thoughts that are going through my mind as of late.

You ever wonder what gives any kind of person any sense of entitlement? You know, like their Number Two smells like roses and yours is just plain ol' nasty dirty, common-folk Number Two? To me, it's annoying and eventually amusing that people still have that "I'll take my ball and go home" mentality when it comes to life and everything in it. As much garbage as I've dealt with in my life, and as much as I feel overwhelmed by it, I can honestly say I'm not lording anything over people in my life like some folks like to do. Believe me, I don't need a dramatic exit as I said in the 6 quirks meme, I will just eventually bounce you out of my life. In short? Folks need to grow the hell up and realize that the world will continue to spin on its axis whether they're in someone's life or not, or as old folks say "one monkey don't stop no show."

February 8th doesn't seem like a long time in hindsight, but for me, it's an eternity. I think my early success in the hookup game this year has kinda sorta spoiled me, especially since I went almost two years on two separate occasions without *ahem* going there. Is it too much ask to have casual encounters without drama and b.s.? I guess not.

About Customer Cutie? My relentless clowning of R. Kelly finally caught up with me. Why, you ask faithful readers? The girl is 16! Needless to say I thank God I didn't try to hit on her, sheesh.

Speaking of "Customer" and R. Kelly, why is he jumping on everybody's song and allegedly calling himself "The Remix Killer?" Damn right you killing songs that everybody liked before your Austin Powers: Goldmember wannabe ass hopped on the joint! Ugh. And what's this about him copping a plea with NO jail time? Unbelievable.

The County Parks & Rec will have an adult kickball league starting up in June. Y'all know my black ass is signing up, right? You know that, right? Man, since I saw that come into my inbox at the office, I've had flashbacks of kicking home runs, dodging the ball in a run down between second and third base, throwing the ball at the base to force a runner out. This will be good exercise and may even make another friend or two, who knows?

I've had my current car for eight months now and only one major problem: front tires. When I thought my brakes were on their last legs (which they were), I was able to get new ones put on for cheap and my '92 Bonneville keeps on rollin' rollin' rollin'...however, my front tires seem to be dying and once again, procrastination's getting the better of me on that tip. Having a car used to be fun once upon a time, now oil changes, brakes, tires, GAS just makes it very tedious to maintain the doggone thing. I hope my next stop has a decent public transportation system.

After a winter of afros and beards, I've found a black barbershop five minutes from the crib and I can't tell you how good it feels to have a hair cut and a hairless face. My head hasn't been this close to bald in quite some time, but it's an easy look to maintain, along with the clear face, which shows off the decent features in my face. Couldn't see it before for the other stuff I was carrying around on my face.

Lastly, I need the winning Powerball ticket. That is all.

8 Comments:

  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Brittany said…

    I need a winning lottery ticket too. I never knew they had a kickball league. I just thought that was a staple in elementary school. Never knew they had it for adults.

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger JayBee said…

    lol @ fiyah procrastination skills. procrastination is such a whore. i'm f@ckin' her too. you took me back with that 'i'll take my ball and go home' thing. i can remember dudes doing that. hell i might've done it. i ran up on some folks doing the adult kickball thing last time i was in the A. i'm thinking about joining too. whoever gets the winning ticket should just break me off $2 mill and i'll be good.

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    i ain't win the powerball either. but if you do, kindly pay off my 16k in student loans. preesh. sense of entitlement comes from delusions given to them by parents who never made them work for anything. i know b/c my coworkers are raising at least 3 of these future monsters. Is it too much ask to have casual encounters without drama and b.s.? yes. next question. (i feel like t.o.'s agent.) R IS A BASTID!! get it kickball! and praise GOD you got a haircut and a shave.

     
  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger Eb the Celeb said…

    I have never been so happy not to own a vehicle in my life...

    and what the heck is in the water these days... I feel for you brothas... its easy to get caught out there now... these girls are looking like women a lot earlier...

    I thought I was gonna died when I found out my lil step sis got her period... she's only 9. CRAZY!

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    always something over here....

    i moved go look.. well no new design yet of course too lazy.

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger La said…

    16?!??!?!?!?!?! Lawd haf mercy.


    hahahaha at this randomness.

    Omg are you kidding me about kickball? I'd KILL to find a kickball league here, lol

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    The league is a new thing here in the County, Brittany, so I guess it depends on how many folks show up if they can really get a league going or not. I know I'll be at the meeting.

    JB, I feel the same way about the lottery, if somebody I know can just take care of my student loans for me, I'll be good. That's my only real debt, and of course, I haven't started paying it yet.

    Jam...leave me and my afro alone, LOL...it was a good look.

    Man Eb, I was so doggone embarrassed when that girl told me she was 16. I was like "....well, o.k., thanks for the food." ZOOM! Out the door.

    And what's that supposed to mean, D? LOL

    Yeah La, your boy almost stepped into the danger zone. Thank God I asked before anything progressed. And yeah, depending on if folks show up, this league could be such a good look. I'm planning on kicking ass (or ball) and having fun doing it!

     
  • At 5:05 AM, Blogger Jarrod said…

    How old is 16 really? I'm just putting that out there...do with it what you will.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home