The Post Game Show

Monday, April 21, 2008

Shape Shifters

*Blogger's Note* Forgive me for the overkill in my postings about the opposite sex, I promise this will be the last one for a while, but this post is full of good intentions and with oh so scrumptious inspiration.

Shapes and sizes are amazing on certain women. Like I expressed in my crush post, petite women are the ones that catch my eye...I guess it's something about being a big man that wants to kinda sorta be that live action teddy bear that women always swear they want and that a woman that small could feel safe and secure and warm chillin' with me. There's also the athletic woman, the track star, the gymnast, the volleyball player and the cheerleader. Those type of ladies can really give a brother a *ahem* workout. Then, there's the women with body. Thick, pleasingly plump, big and beautiful, y'all get the picture.

Why am I politicking on the various shapes in sizes that women come in? Hell if I know. Oh wait, yes I do. The recently released tastefully nude pictures of that plus-sized sex goddess of soul, Jill Scott and the wonderfully put together Gabrielle Union for the new issue of Allure Magazine got me to thinking about how wonderful it is that not every woman looks the same. Along with a recently viewed Vlog of a particularly thick and fabulous woman, it hit me: Hi, my name is Chris and I love women from size 0 to size 20-something.

This might kinda sorta be confusing in the quest to figure out what it is that I am indeed looking for in a woman, at least from a physical standpoint, but it also could be a plus because of being open to women of all shapes and sizes, I won't miss the one with a sweetheart of a personality who would truly adore a brother and be down for me 210%.

For those who are fairly new to reading my blog (welcome to you all!), I actually posted a youtube vid back in late December of a poet named Tamara Blue who performed a piece called "Thick Chicks" on Def Poetry Jam, and it struck a chord with me because for all of my own personal body issues, the very gender who I seek affection and passion from are pretty much getting their stuff together and loving who they are, small or big. And as I've told anybody that will listen, being a big man is tough. I've been a husky cat since the age of 9 and some 17 years later, I still am fearful of being seen in public because of being 5 feet, 10 inches tall and tipping the scales at -- as of Sunday night -- 318 pounds.

However, while I would like to become healthier and eventually have some muscle tone to my body, the more and more I think about it, the more and more I understand that weighing more than 160 pounds isn't necessarily anything to be ashamed of. We can't all be the same size, have the same looks or even have the same personalities. I guess the important thing is seeing what you have and using it to your advantage, or in my case, thriving in spite of it. Shucks, I'd be well on my way to being the 40 year old virgin if some women didn't like it.

I really don't know if there's a point to this post, which is rare for me, considering I ALWAYS have to make sense, lol, but I feel better posting about my affinity for women of all shapes and sizes and expressing the hope that I too can be like the poetress from the YouTube I posted in December; "Fuck it....just love it."

13 Comments:

  • At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've had weight issues for a while. I try to work on them, but I haven't turned the corner. I have a family member coming to visit. I dread letting her see me. I know I'll get the big girl comments. Overall, I think my body is ok. I just wish others thought so, too.

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This post got me thinking. Boyfriend and I look so different as compared to us in our teens. He's 6'0 300#... our moms are constantly teasing us about this. To me, he's still the same man inside and out. But I always wonder, does it really bother him? Does it bother him that he's not as small as he use to be? Does it bother him, that his family refers to him as thick?

    I don't think it should, cause he's still the same sexy man he's always been to me. So I guess the point of this ramble, is that size doesn't matter to me either. I love my men, intelligent, humble, and compassionate. No size will ever compare to those attributes.

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger JayBee said…

    i tagged you. after i finish letting everbody who i tagged know i'll come back and read this post and comment.

     
  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You just writing what you feeling and I dig. We come in all shapes and sizes and that's good b/c there's an array to choose from. I'm glad to see your being positive!

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger JayBee said…

    it's a good thing that there's so much to choose from so that everyone can select a female who satisifies their preferences. i saw the gabby pic i think a day or two ago. i like. i like. i like jill scott too, not in a sexual sort of way, but more in that i think you're deep and i like your style sorta way.

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Tha BossMack TopSoil said…

    Over 200 is bad.

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Brittany said…

    There is someone for everyone. Look at me I am teeny Tiny. I used to wear a double 00. lol
    I am really petite.

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LMAO.. luv u Chris.. just the way u are....

    I hear what you saying... i was attracted to this dude who was a bit on the big side.. i called him teddy bear. his skin was soft like a babys bottom lol... but yeah being 5'3 n weigh under 130.. i love me a teddy bear.. i'm trying to gain weight but oh what tthe hell can i do, since i stuff my face every chance i get.

    @ bossmack, ignorance will comeback n bite you where you least expect it! We are allowed to have our own opinion but to throw it in somebody face is downright stupid.

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Eb the Celeb said…

    This is the perfect time of year to get in shape... remember you aint gonna get that petite thang you looking for unless your looking the best you can... its definitely about being healthy these days... we have some of our men having heartattacks and being diagnosed with diabetes in their 30's now...

    Then you made me feel bad because I have absolutely no shape at all... no hips, no ass, no titts... I hate being shaped like a boy... but I embrace the lil I do got and rock it like its the best...lol

    So rock yours until you feel in your heart that you need a change...

    Smooches!

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Anon, I understand where you're coming from, believe me. But as long as you know you're hot, that's what's most important.

    Gotta, that's the mark of a mature woman right there. I wish more women thought more about character than appearance.

    I'm trying Memph, but it's difficult. You'd be surprised how many closed-minded women are out here.

    Yeah JB, even though I have a thing for petite women, I'm definitely not going to turn down a thick plus-sized chick if she really cares for me, so it's nice to keep your options open. And my next post is the thing you tagged me with, don't think I'm ignoring it!

    Welp, BossMack, that's your opinion.

    Damn Brittany, 00? That's a size for real? You ARE tiny!

    D, I used to think the teddy bear coinage was offensive until I understood what it meant in detail and I've tried to embrace it since then. Now if I only could find a woman to embrace it, lol...

    And Eb....uh...you got body. I have NO clue what you mean by boy-shaped because you're working with something.

    As far as changing, I don't want to be this out of shape forever, but I don't see myself striving to be rail thin either. I like having something on my body. 315-320 is a bit much, but I think I can handle 250 since I carry my weight pretty well.

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger Vee said…

    absolutely beautiful..new to you blog. I like it!

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger Mizrepresent said…

    My first time here...and i loved your homage to all women, shapes and sizes.

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home