The Post Game Show

Friday, May 16, 2008

Ask Chris: The Answers...You know we had to do a remix right?

So we have a nice list of questions from a few folks that I will answer in this post, and since everybody wants answers, I guess I have to give them. Here goes, starting with D'lee's questions:

I wanna see a photo of chris SMILING... the question is.. will I?
Well, as I've said before, I'm very self-conscious and protective of my appearance, but we'll see...

Do you know how special you are, in general that is?
That's been a question that's been asked of me a lot lately. Well I never thought (and still don't think) I'm all that, but I guess if some folks do like me, I can't be all bad. I guess I'm just learning that I am cool in a lot of ways.

As a man, what is the idea of a perfect wedding to you, or is it all about what the female wants?
Small, private, family and CLOSE friends-only kind of wedding would be great. But knowing me, I'll end up with a bridezilla and have to endure the pomp and circumstance of it all. That's IF I even get married.

Next up is Memphiz and she asks:
how do you feel about your career at the moment? Is it what you saw yourself doing say 4-6 years ago?
Yes. I'm just getting started and hopefully I'll be in this business a long time despite all the changes and things that are happening my particular section of it. These first seven months have taught me a lot about being prepared and always looking forward, so it's been a positive learning experience so far.

Now comes Mizrepresent with some pretty good questions:

How many siblings do you have?
Two sisters, the oldest was raised by my mom from age four to 18 (her mother was dating my uncle at the time and they both were pretty bad off, so my mom took care of my sis and the rest is history), and I have a sister four years younger than me.

Do you want children, if so, how many?
This all depends on if I ever have any positive interaction with a woman, but if I'm lucky enough to get married, two or three kids at the most.

Why or what convinced you to go into journalism?
My talent for writing was something I always thought about using, but it didn't occur to me that I could indeed have my cake and eat it to until college when I was sports editor of our campus newspaper. I just took it and ran with it. Despite the politics of the business, the new media boom that's killing newspapers and the like, I honestly can't see myself doing anything else, so I'm making it work.

What is your ideal woman?
I'm not sure I'll ever meet one or date one that has these characteristics, but beautiful on the inside as well as out, intelligent, has a sense of humor, self-sufficient, caring, loving, open-minded, NOT superficial/shallow/immature, and someone who actually cares for me. Yeah, I'll be waiting a helluva long time for that kind of woman to come along, lol
Where do you want to eventually live, or is MD your choice?
First step is to get the hell out of Maryland, LOL...or at least this part of it. This place is just terrible, I just want somewhere where there are black people, tall buildings, and some semblance of urban life. This backwoods living is not for me, even though I thought it was at first.

What is your favorite, color, food, scent?
Color is red, food is spaghetti and meatballs, and I honestly don't have a favorite scent...at least one suitable for typing anyway :)

What is the nicest thing you have ever done for a woman?
I haven't done anything nice for a woman in all honesty.

What is the nicest thing a woman has ever done for you?

I'm still waiting on a woman to do something nice for me.

What is your first childhood memory?
Pre-School. I just remember being cared for in a black preschool that just oozed love, self-respect, education and awareness of being black and proud even at the tender age of three. Deseg truthfully screwed everything up for black folks because there is no black community within cities anymore like it used to be back in my mom's day when they had black grocery stores, schools, doctor's offices, etc. That sense of community died with Deseg and we're worse of for it. Sorry for the rant, lol

Next up is Duck with one question:

You have a number of female friends (me being one of them) that do truly care about you and your well-being. That said... how can you still believe that no decent women exist in this world?

Because we're not dating each other. The few women that are my true friends aren't attracted to me, but at least care for me enough as a human being to engage in all the things a true friendship should be. The women that dog me out and call it friendship are not decent, and sadly, they outnumber the women who do care about me, that's how I can believe that there is at least a shortage of decent women; the good ones aren't attracted to me.

And last, but certainly not least, we have GLO's questions:

If you could date 3 blog women in real life who would they be and why?
Eb's gonna be so thrilled that I answered this one. It's actually more than three:

La because her swag is ridiculous, Brittany because I'm just curious, Eb because I do believe she'd send a brother home with the hallelujah chorus playing, Memphiz because she's just so damn cute, D'lee because she's cute and honest, Miz because I have a thing for mature and seasoned women, and you GLO because you just seem like you've got it going on. Happy Now?! *hides under Negro-league t-shirt in shame*

What’s the best part about your day during the week?
Work...when I'm out covering games or interviewing folks, I feel blessed because I'm doing what I love to do instead of taking orders at McDonald's or working in a mail room. I really don't have a social life, so my physical work is what's good right now.

What’s the first thing you think of in the morning when you wake?

Other than go to the bathroom, Thank God I'm allowed to see another morning.

If you could go anywhere tomorrow and have a lunch with someone you know but haven’t met, who would it be and why?
Probably you because it would most likely be fun to hang out and talk.

What’s your favorite song currently?

Love In The Club Pt. 2 by Ursher, Beyonce and *stops self from throwing up* Lil' Wayne. That's my jam right now for no other reason than the beat takes me back to the skating rink era in grade school and middle school.

What’s one thing that you have not shared with the blog world that you feel compelled to share currently?
I'm pretty open, so nothing comes to mind right now, honestly.

Don’t you think its time to share a picture with the blog world buddy?
*sigh*



That's me in January after taking pictures outside of the office on a snowy day. Is everybody good now? I've answered all questions, so I can't be called a fraud anymore!

14 Comments:

  • At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Chris! Look at you making strides sharing pictures and such. Such a handsome dude you are... Very interesting at your blog crushes... lunch with me? Sure. Lets do it! ♥

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, You answered my Question!!! woooooo.. Look at you smiling... You look like a little boy on Christmas morning.. I like it!!!

    aww thanks, The best one can do is be honest, cause at the end of the day the feeling is just magical...

    hides under Negro-league t-shirt in shame* lol.. look at you acting all shy and stuff lol.. too cute...

    When am I going to get my teddy bear hug? I so love those.

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger Mizrepresent said…

    Awe, thanks Chris for answering all my questions. I learned alot, really. I especially liked the last answer about the childhood memories and i so agree, when i was growing up everything around me from stores, to restaurants, to doctors to dentists, to cleaners, and roller skating rinks were owned and ran by us, and we had a good life...then things changed.

    Don't be ashamed to show your face, you's a teddy bear! :)

    Thanks for ...I would date Miz, lol...yep seasoned like the best pot of collards you ever tasted, like pork chops and gravy, like fried chicken on any given day...just kidding, but thanks i loved it!

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger Veronica Marché said…

    Awwwwww, suki suki now....


    :-D

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger Brittany said…

    A picture!!!! Finally! So let me ask...why me a blog crush...curious??? hmmm about what?

     
  • At 5:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Getting bold out here! I dig it! lol happy that your enjoying your career! thanks for the shout out lol!

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Eb the Celeb said…

    Aaaaaahhhhhhh...

    nnot only do you reveal your blog crushes but you give us a glimpse of Chris all in the same post...

    you really have outdone yourself on this... congrats on coming out of hiding...

    Loves it... Have a good weekend

    and thx for the bday wishes!

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger Southerner in Suomi said…

    Boooo@ snow.

    And I love the Superstar remix. Why is the remix always so much better?

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Vee said…

    Look at YOOOOOOU! awwww! :-)

    You're a cute lil chocolate thang!!!

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    fraud!! oh wait. lol. "I haven't done anything nice for a woman." fix that YESTERDAY. i like diamonds.

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're still waiting on a woman to do something nice for you??!!??

    Hmmm...let me think on that one :-)

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    GLO, you know I'd love to do lunch with you...too bad we're on opposite sides of the country...hope all is well (I haven't seen you on Yahoo this week!)

    D, you can have that hug (and much more) whenever you want it *wink*

    All that seasoning, Miz, really? Hey now...lol, thanks for the kind words.

    Duck.... :-)

    Well Brittany, since you finally asked a question and put me on the spot, LOL...I guess I'm just curious about what it would be like to kick it with you, because you're an attractive chick and I always wonder if there's more than that to a lot of the pretty women I see. Was that detailed enough *goes back to hiding face under shirt*

    Well Memph, the full-time career just started, so let's take it one day at a time, lol...and you're so welcome.

    Well Eb, I do what I can, you know? Especially since you ripped me the last time I did this, LOL, I had to atone for being called a fraud.

    Agent, that bothers me too. Wouldn't it just be easier to distribute the tighter version of a song instead of dropping it as a remix weeks or months after the original hits? I guess that's why we're journos and not music execs, LOL

    Awww damn, thanks Veronica. If I wasn't so chocolate, I'd be blushing, LOL

    Jam...diamonds? Really? How about an autographed Rachael Ray book? Is that a comparable substitute?

    well B-more, whatever you come up with, I'll be appreciative. Thanks for stopping by, don't be a stranger.

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger SistaSocialite said…

    Love in the Club rmx is my song of the month too lol


    And get out of Maryland! It's wack!! I know as soon as I graduate, I'm moving to either Atlanta of New York cause Meerrrland is weak LOL


    Have a great Memorial Weekend!

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Chris you miss me! LOL. Sorry I haven't been around... been in kind of a funk, so I've secluded myself. I'll get with it though...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home