The Post Game Show

Friday, June 13, 2008

Eff It Fridays

A co-worker and classmate of mine at Delaware State University had two days of the week that she really looked forward to -- she called them "Wild Out Wednesday" and "F*** it Friday."  Well today, readers of my blog, is my own personal f*** it Friday, and I'm about to list the things I am so over as the mercury inches back up towards 90 here in the depths of hell...I mean Southern Maryland.

Things that Chris is so over:

Obama drama.  I can't have an opinion one way or another in my chosen profession, but it is mighty annoying, all the barbs being thrown his way.

The Boston Celtics.  Although I am not a Laker fan, it's in my blood to beef with Boston...the Celtics and the Sixers hated each other when my mother was just a small girl.  Last night's game was NOT a good look.  I can hear the irritating, insufferable and annoying Boston sports fans now.  "PAHK DA CAH IN HAH-VAHD YAHD!"  I'll just counter with "18-1."  I'm so evil, LOL

This heat.  Usually in Delaware, the heat wave alerts don't start until after Independence Day. Down here?  We've already had one heat wave and gearing up for a second one next week.  Wonderful.  If nothing else I'll drop about 15-20 pounds of sweat during the summer, which is a good look (I'm just a few measly pounds away from getting back under 3 bills, be proud of me y'all!)

Joan Clayton.  While I watched Girlfriends strictly for the lusciousness that is Jill Marie Jones, I did see the episode where Joan (played by the shapely Tracee Ellis Ross) talks about her "three-month rule."  Basically, the rule means that she won't sleep with a guy that's she's dealing with for the first three months of the relationship/courtship/kicking it/talking/whatever.  I've recently been victimized by this rule and it just reminds me why I'm always in trouble with women.  I guess I ain't all that if restrictions are being put on me.

As an extension, I'm definitely over being told how to feel, how to think and what to want.  The bottom line is that just because I don't fit the description of Boris Kodjoe, 50 Cent, LL Cool J, LeBron James or whoever women would drop the drawers for, doesn't make me any less of a man with desires, needs, and wants.  Or that just makes me a jerk, but whatever.

Portion Control.  Damn this is tough.  Maybe I've got a tapeworm and don't know it, but it's tough to eat less than what you're used to eating.  Eating different foods, no problem.  Keep it to a minimum, not so much.  Oh well, I'm getting there.

Maryland State Troopers.  'Nuff Said.

Not having cable.  With me having to switch car insurance providers, my jonesing for regular TV has  been put on hold once again, and I'm really hating it.  I catch what I can when I'm in the office, but I refuse to sit here at my desk and just watch something because I can't see it at home.  I think it's time for me to sketch out a real budget. I NEED cable.

The length of the Major League Baseball season.  162 games.  Ouch.  My Philadelphia Phillies currently lead the National League East by three games over the second place Florida Marlins, and I'm so scared they'll choke that the Mets did last year, that getting through these next 94 games (or three-plus months) is going to be a challenge.  Pray for me, y'all.

And that's pretty much what I'm over for right now.  The way I feel, this won't be the last time I post about what I'm so over.  It clears my sinuses.

ETA: R. Kelly found not guilty?  I'm SO OVER this pervert and the alleged justice system.  I resign from society.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Southerner in Suomi said…

    If you hate Maryland State Troopers, try dealing with all police agencies everyday.

    If anyone truly believes that the police will protect you, WAKE UP!!

    They are ALL incompetent.

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger JayBee said…

    we already talked about the r.kelly thing, but i'm sure you're not surprised that he got off. i want boston to win.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Mizrepresent said…

    Go ahead and tell us how you feel! i loved it! It's so freeing to just let it go! Hope you had a great weekend!

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    its funny how no matter how much money you have you are able to get away with a crime.. wait OJ still in jail or whatever?

    GO BOSTON GO!!!!

    tired of kobe....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home