The Post Game Show

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend Random

As I'm taking a break from cleaning up my apartment and giving my body some rest after some much needed time at the basketball court, I fully realize it's been over a week since I last posted, and I definitely want to thank the ladies for their kind words. I know it's nothing if I don't believe the good in myself, but I most certainly appreciate all the sweetness that was sent my way. Made me smile, if only for a short time. On to the random.

The bounce is back...your boy is back! Strawberries, Apples, Grapes, Fruit Juice, a morning basketball routine...needless to say my body is still doing that strange tightening thing it does when I change diets and routines, and even though it can be annoying when in turns a two second trip to the water cooler into a minute one because of the aches, lol, it's worth it. Along with keeping my appointments at the barbershop five minutes down the road from me, I feel much better about myself when I have a haircut and a sweat going at least once a day. It's virtually impossible to get that horse-racing blinder mentality and routine I had last summer, but will I try to keep it together even with a full-time job? You bet. I lost 36 pounds in three months last summer, so if I can drop about 20 or 25 this time around, I'll be satisfied, considering I have responsibilities and all.

For those curious about where I stand under the Astrological stars, my birthday is September 25th, which makes me an early early Libra, but a true one nonetheless. I was amused when a forum I visit had a nasty astrology book posted, highlighting the negatives of each Zodiac. I was hype-offended when they characterized the Libra as having the ethics of a snake and the morals of a rat. Really? In my field, the ethics of a snake will get you fired real quick, so I totally disagree with that, LOL...although the author hit the nail on the head with Libras equating sex to love. I know I feel like a woman could only prove she's into me if we had sex, but I'm trying to kick that habit, even though sex is a helluva drug (Three months, 17 days and counting since the last time. Help me, Lord.)

Speaking of my birthday:

Now wouldn't I look cool rolling in this 1979 Beetle Convertible? I think so. I saw this on that VW-only website I visit, and the owner wants 30 grand for it. The official "Chris' birthday gift" fund is now open for business. Hit me up in private for details *wink*...seriously, I'd love to start my search for a classic daily driver Beetle with gas going up. I love my Bonneville, but the gas crunch is killing me! Oh well, giving honor to God for blessing me with a reliable ride. Close to nine months of ownership, and nothing major has gone wrong *knocks on wood*

This time last year, I wasn't sure I'd ever earn a college degree, because I was missing three classes in my minor that the English department neglected to tell me about until the weekend of graduation. That said, as I started cleaning up my bedroom, my degree fell out of the closet. I just read it and ran my fingers across it for like an hour, smiling at how things work out if you exercise a little patience and a lot of faith. I prayed to God an awful lot during the summer of 2007 as I was taking those courses, walking seven miles a day, eating cold cuts and fruit.

Even though it was the loneliest summer ever, it has proven to be my most profitable. That was probably the most focused I had ever been on anything. Nothing was going to stop me from getting my degree and losing weight. That single-mindedness carried me through some rough stretches in those three months and by the middle of August, I was down to 284 from my high of 364 pounds in May of 2006 and I finished school. I've been off and running ever since. I need to get that "nothing's gonna stop me" mentality going on a permanent basis, so I can keep my weight under 300 permanently and be happy with Chris on a regular. Don't worry, I'm not trying to lose the teddy bear feeling, just want to keep myself manageable and healthy. I couldn't imagine myself under 215-220 pounds, that's just too low considering I'm carrying 315 fairly well now.

If y'all remember the false friend from a couple of entries ago, her friends have seen me around town and they look at me like I'm the devil. It amuses me, because clearly she's made me out to be the bad guy even though she called me a bitch for the duration of our argument and threatened to beat my ass. Now I know if I sneezed on this chick, I'd be doing 15 to 20 in the box, so I didn't take it seriously, but the part that boggled the mind was her claiming she was a Christian. Jesus Christ never called anyone derogatory names or threatened bodily harm to them. That's why I really don't fool with organized religion, because there are entirely too many hypocrites Bible/Torah/Koran-thumping out here. My relationship with God is a work in progress, but I'm working hard to have a good one with Him.

O.K., I think I've wasted enough time here, I hope you guys are having a solid Memorial Day weekend. Mine of course is full of solitude and quietness, but I'm surviving. Something I'm just figuring out I'm very good at.

11 Comments:

  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Mizrepresent said…

    Hey Chris, It's great to hear you are doing well with your fitness regime...lol@not loosing the Teddy Bear feel...i hear ya, but anyways just glad to hear you gungho about it. I remember reading about your ex-friend, but could she had really been a friend and call you a bitch...that just don't sound like a friend to me at all...so good riddance. Have a great weekend, solitude and quiet is not so bad...after a weekend of family...i'm looking forward to it. Hey and don't give up hope on that classic Beetle...anything you want you can get...eventually.

    btw - i also don't agree with that HO-roscope! lol

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    im happy your feeling good brotha! the car is cute i would ride. Have a great memorial day!

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chris is getting glammed out. I'm joining you on the weight loss tip. It does wonders for the psyche.

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger Brittany said…

    So you have a pic up!!! Yeay!
    I wouldn't even worry about your ex friend and her friends. Let them hate.

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger Southerner in Suomi said…

    Stop counting how long you without the nookie. It will drive you mad. MAD I SAY!!

    And when you see slutaculars' friends mean muggin, smile harder. Don't actually speak with words, just smile and keep it moving.

    I'm right with you and the workout. It's hard but I'm getting back there.

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    i'll cranberry grape ya! name that artist! outside peanut butter inside jelly! name that artist! you started naming foods so i wanted to play. workin up a black sweat! i know you can name that one. don't you love those aches? i have some of them right now! ow! and it hurts so good!

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I so hate when people like that claims to be a christan... more so throwing that term in others face and acting two face afterwards...

    lol you tooooooooo funny...

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Vee said…

    "This time last year, I wasn't sure I'd ever earn a college degree, because I was missing three classes in my minor that the English department neglected to tell me about until the weekend of graduation. That said, as I started cleaning up my bedroom, my degree fell out of the closet. I just read it and ran my fingers across it for like an hour, smiling at how things work out if you exercise a little patience and a lot of faith. I prayed to God an awful lot during the summer of 2007 as I was taking those courses, walking seven miles a day, eating cold cuts and fruit.

    Even though it was the loneliest summer ever, it has proven to be my most profitable. That was probably the most focused I had ever been on anything. Nothing was going to stop me from getting my degree and losing weight. "


    YOU GO BOY!!!!! That's all it takes if for you to put your mind to it...sometimes we have to make temporary sacrifices to get where we want to be! I'm proud! KEEP IT UP!

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger La said…

    You look so happy in your profile pic! I love it.

    You know, I am available for hire to slump bitches in dark alleys. I'm just sayin... it's an option, lol.

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Eb the Celeb said…

    so who you shedding the pounds and trying to get all sexy for?

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Yeah Miz, I guess she really wasn't a friend considering she called herself hood (we grew up in the same town amazingly enough and didn't know each other until I moved to MD) and that I was a bitch because I didn't live a hood life despite my surroundings, but that's another post entirely, LOL...thank you for the kind words as usual.

    I'm hanging in there Memph, I really love those Beetles, I've got to get one for real before I get called home by God. That's definitely on my bucket list.

    Anon, I feel beat the hell up after playing ball, but I usually leave the court with a smile and that's a good thing.

    Yeah Brittany, I've pretty much quit with that situation. Just too much drama for one guy to handle.

    Agent, I'm telling you, statistics are what I do, it's tough, LOL...

    Jam, first lyric I have no clue, I know the second is Three Six Mafia and it actually goes "my car insides peanut butter, outside jell-ay!" Of course working up a black swat is the legendary Prince.

    How am I too funny, D'lee? LOL...but yeah, hypocrites give the Almighty a bad rep sometimes. That's why it's best to get to know Him on your own, in my opinion.

    Thanks Veronica, I'm trying my hardest to keep my head in the game.

    La, you're too awesome. That is all, LOL

    Eb, nobody really, but I admit if I'm able to lose the weight and get my body tight, it'll be funny to see the looks on the faces of those who dissed me because I was too heavy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home