The Post Game Show

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dreams of Love

I dream of her often. I've never seen this woman in real life, she's virtually nameless and faceless to me, but when I close my eyes, she awaits me. Arms extended, love in her eyes and a smile as warm and comforting as the day is long. My name is not Chris when I'm around her, I become "baby," "sweetie," "darlin'," "sugar," and "boo," even though I sometimes hate that word, it's quite positively one of the most beautiful words in the vernacular when she says it to me.

"You probably could have any guy in the world," I reason in my dream as I'm laying with her, innocently tracing her curves and texture with my broad fingertips. "But I'm here with you, aren't I," she shoots back, voice full of maple syrup sweetness. "I want to be with you and no one else baby, it's that simple."

And as quickly as she appears in my dreams, she's gone when I open my eyes. I shake my head and nurse the goose bumps that have sieged my body from the top of my ankles to the shorelines of my shoulders. Who is she? Where is she? When will I find her for real? Surely, praying to God for a love of my own when the world has bigger problems to be handled seems trivial. Yet and still, I've been told that there's no harm in praying for preparedness to meet the woman who will hopefully some day take on my last name and conceive children with me so they can take over the world.

So as I prepare to lay it down for the night, I'll definitely ask God to give me the self-love and strength to realize all the good within Chris along with the peace of mind, confidence and courage to approach women with my best intentions. That way, I'm sure that I won't have to close my eyes to feel loved and wanted.

8 Comments:

  • At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Asking for the self love and strength is the key to finding what and who you want out of life. You're not gonna find someone to love you like you want to be loved until you can truly love yourself. Feel me Chris?

     
  • At 12:30 AM, Blogger Jameil said…

    "I've been told that there's no harm in praying for preparedness to meet the woman who will hopefully some day take on my last name and conceive children with me so they can take over the world."

    that person is SMART!! and it's not only no harm, it's prudent. who else is going to prepare you for that?

    and you know gotta let it out is basically saying my mantra.

     
  • At 2:07 AM, Blogger Yasmeen Christian said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow. That was so inspiring. I guess it is ok to ask God for even those trivial things.

     
  • At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like this. I guess thats what i need to do. I just told myself i'm not ready and trying to leave it at that. I thought asking God for that too sounds rather foolish so i try not to.. but then again i find myself praying about it....

    Loving yourself first and thats when you will find her.... got to agree with gotta let it out.

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger Mizrepresent said…

    Oh Chris, i so feel you on this post...i do the same...have remembered him i dreams, not a face, not a voice, but just a feel, a feeling of total completeness...i wait, i long, i want...for such, i pray, i ask, i beg...but i know it will only come, he will only materialize in my dreams for now, so i love sleeping so much, so much so...that at times i never want to wake.

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger Yasmeen Christian said…

    Hope you find her or she finds you.

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger Vee said…

    Chris, love will come when you are ready and not when you think you're ready but when God says your are.

    Praying for preparedness and doing your part to prepare yourself is all that God wants.

    This was beautiful articulated!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home