The Post Game Show

Friday, August 07, 2009

On Vacation And Nowhere To Go

Bills, bills, bills. Beyonce'nem made a cute little ditty about them 10 summers ago (I'm feeling extra old again), and bills are the main reason I'm off for a good week and some change with NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOwhere to go. Alas, I'm blessed to even have a vacation as I was afraid to take one last summer. Now I get some serious time to myself to think about my life and what I want to do to change the things I don't like. This post will pretty much be a compilation of random thoughts that should tide you guys over until I'm ready to post about one particular subject.

I've gone back to the basketball court in the mornings. Hopefully I can transition back to walking, but basketball has served as great cardio in the past, so hopefully it works again this time. I started back August 1st (last Saturday) and have done at least an hour every morning. It's nice to see my jumpshot hasn't abandoned me after being idle for 11 months. The shot was cranking from the word go, and with the exception of this morning (slow start, slow finish) I was hitting more than half of my threes. An NBA team needs to invite me to training camp. Not really.

Old School Thursdays on WDASFM.com have helped push me to the end of the week with a smile. One thing I miss about living in Delaware is Philly radio, especially DAS, the contemporary r&b/classic soul station. DAS was a huge part of my life growing up because my mom would NOT allow any other station on unless we had our own radios. I was blessed with one at 11, but out of habit, it STAYED on 105.3.

That's where my appreciation for old school music was shaped and developed and now I am a complete old soul on the music tip. Take yesterday, for instance, as soon as I heard "After all that we've been through..." I SNAPPED. "The Finest" by the SOS Band totally took me back to my really young days when riding around on Saturdays with my mom or my big sis (who got her license at the tail end of 1985) going anywhere and eventually stopping at McDonald's for a Happy Meal was perfection. That's what music is supposed to do. Make you feel good and bring back some dynamite memories. I should've saved this for Soundtrack, huh? LOL

The tragedy in Pennsylvania this past week was sad because three women lost their lives and several others were injured. It's also sad because George Sodini, the madman who perpetrated these atrocities didn't have the onions to just off himself and let women, who he blamed for his lonely lifestyle, go.

Granted, I have the same issues with women, but at the same time, I've been blessed with an indifferent, flippant attitude towards women. None of them are worth jeopardizing my freedom, career and general ability to breathe, so I blog about the crap they put me through in order to keep the sanity. Besides, words can hurt just as much as any amount of violence. I know that better than anybody, considering some of the things women say to me.

I can only giggle at the fact that Cash for Clunkers is working, Ford turned a profit for the first time since the beginning of this decade and layoffs are drastically down. Yes, I know we're not even close to being out of the woods, but it seems like President Obama's recovery plan is working fine, despite the ranting and raving to the contrary.

Baseball Thought: The Phillies will repeat as World Series Champions. And I will be at the parade. Guarantee you that much!

Anybody know anything about the digital tv converter boxes? Leave me your input because I apparently missed out on the coupons and will have to buy one. I'd rather have full-scale cable, but that's not in the budget right now. Maybe things will change down the line.

Not quite seven months since...you know. And that was a disaster. Is somebody trying to tell me something?

Hope you all have a great weekend. I know I will :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home