The Post Game Show

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Just Another Thought

One thing about me is that if I see or feel something is wrong, I will speak up on it. I don't know any other way. It's been passed down from generation to generation - My grandfather (though I never met the man, he died eight years before I was born), his children (my mom included) and now me, we all tend to speak our minds and let the cards fall where they may. This particular blog is no different.

I preface this entry with that intro as a disclaimer: I'm a grown-ass man, dawg. Job, bills, stress, maybe even a gray hair, the whole nine. And while it is kinda goofy that I do have enough time to let things get to me as much as they do, that fact gives NO ONE the right to pile on with some foolishness. Then again, I also take responsibility for that, because quite frankly there are some folks you just canNOT and SHOULD NOT confide in. It's kinda like a crackhead going to a meth addict for tips on quitting cold turkey - makes no sense whatsoever.

I realize that while I still have some growing to do and that a lot of my troubles in life ( be they professional, personal and individual) I've brought on myself, there's no way I'm going to stand for people dragging my name through the mud or doing and saying dumb stuff to get a rise out of me. Now I realize the easiest way would be to follow the examples of Ghandi and Dr. King and just turn the other cheek, but folks have got me worked up to Huey/Stokely/George/Malcolm levels.

I am Chris. You saw the entry. I have my good and my bad, my ups and downs, my highs and lows, peaks and valleys, orgasms and one-hitter-quitters. That's what life is, nothing is perfect, and to quote Allen Iverson, "everything don't be peaches and cream all the time." Aware that I should be grateful and thankful for whatever little good is in my life right now, I still have every right to question why I get treated the way I do and why certain folks seem to think it's okay to pile on and kick me while I'm down.

If certain folks would think and analyze critically and not continue to push their bra-burning bullshit agenda, they would know that I never claimed to be a sweet and innocent cherub picking dandelions to give to the prettiest girl in school. I stopped claiming nice guy status at 21, it made no sense to me because I knew it wasn't true. I wasn't an evil individual, but I knew I'd have good and bad days and hellacious mood swings, so I embraced them. Yet and still, I know my good points, and they do outweigh the bad, even if it's by a scant margin.

Do I complain a lot? Hell yes, and will continue to do so as long as women continue to shove shit up my nostrils and try to convince me it's Twizzlers Pull N' Peel. I also know that it's going to take an extraordinary effort on my part to get this thing turned around, and I know it won't entail therapy like some anonymous douchebag has suggested. Oh yeah, you. From the same IP address in New York City. You commented on the blog I aired you out on. Anonymous as usual.

So here's your chance to introduce yourself to the world. State your name and why you feel it's important to try and embarrass and insult someone you don't even know by suggesting they be carted off to the looney bin. Oh yeah, that's right - you won't do that. It's much safer to have that yellow streak going up and down your back than owning up to your bold comments with a name and a reason.

For those who read my blog faithfully and comment faithfully, please don't think this is about you, because it's not. I realize that the majority of people and women I talk to are geuninely good folks with common sense who really care about me and if I can get things right and be happy. But for the few this post is directed to, you can take it how you want, doesn't matter to me. Just know that if and when I do break through and find happiness, it won't be any thanks to you.

Signed,

Not-so-nice-guy.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home