The Post Game Show

Monday, December 28, 2009

Decade of Change

When the new millennium started, I was an 18-year old student taking courses at a local community college, not knowing what the future held for me and if I would even be content to move beyond working as a data entry clerk on a temporary basis from job to job.  

As this decade ends, I'm 28, possessing a degree in mass communications, working in my field (and not sure if I want to stay here), living on my own, and still by myself.  Still, looking back on how the 2000s started, even I can say I'm in a lot better shape professionally now.

These last nine-plus years have been a roller-coaster ride, that maybe with the exception of social withdrawal, I wouldn't change for anything. I did a lot of things I never thought possible and some things I should've thought through more clearly, lol...but they happened for a reason.

I discovered a passion to write (personally and professionally), I learned HBCUs are the greatest thing since sliced bread, I came across this activity called sex (and couldn't get enough of it), and I found out that I can indeed lose weight if I focus clearly enough. 

Things I'm still learning include patience, one thing which I sorely lack. That might actually help me in various areas of my life because right now, my inability to just wait and let things unfold is costing me big time. 

I really can't say what my goals for 2010 are, mainly because I don't know right now, but what I can say is a lot of people, habits and situations won't be coming with me into 2010, that's for sure. People usually pick the New Year to change things because January 1 always symbolizes a new start, and I'm no different.  I figure it's easier for me to just hit the reset button on a lot of things on 01/01 because it'll give me a whole year to kick them completely and move on to some more things the following year.

Hopefully everyone who reads this blog has a happy start to the new decade :)

2 Comments:

  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger CNEL said…

    Here's wishing you a great 2010 and continued success personally and professionally Chris.

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Vee said…

    Happy new Year Chris!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home