The Post Game Show

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Now normally I don't do this, but uh...

If I'm quoting R. Kelly, then it must be an important matter. Well not really, but I would like to dissect an annoying trend that has taken place in the comments section since February.  That month I made a post about the girl who has affected my perception of women and friendships with them for about 10 years when the first attack was launched.

"You should get counseling. Immediately."

I was already annoyed from the get because that's an insult to me. Always has been, always will be, don't care what anybody thinks about it. But I was able to ignore it.

Another deep post in April yielded another disrespectful comment:

"Way too depressing."

This post in May: "Go and get counseling!"

I noticed the trend in June and posted about it, but was met with derision. Same deal a month later

I disabled anonymous comments after that, but enabled them again because I always feel like somebody who doesn't have Blogger, Wordpress or anything of the sort still might want to leave a positive comment or add on to what I write about. And then we get to the previous post.

"You're sick. Please get help."

So that's at least six instances where someone has felt the need to add to the problem rather than be part of the solution. And thanks to that handy dandy blog tracker on the side, I've noticed that this yellow ball-less internet personality comes from Mt. Laurel, NJ and New York City by way of Ten95 or my friend T-Dot's page. And I know T-Dot is a stand up woman and she'd never say anything to me anonymously that she couldn't or wouldn't say to me directly. So to the clown in the Metro NY area who keeps leaving corny comments - get a life. While I never claimed to be the most perfect or right individual walking the planet, at least I am trying. Comments full of shade like the ones your throwing don't help. And yes I put a lot out there, but at the same time, I have a name and a picture attached to mine. What's your excuse?


2 Comments:

  • At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anonymous comments irk the hell outta me! Ugh! Try to ignore though and don't waste too much of your time analyzing them. The problem lies with them, not you.

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Mizrepresent said…

    You know what, awhile back i stopped allowing ANON comments, because ANON people are usually too afraid to show their identity, thus be responsible to their actions and comments. I suggest you do the same. Especially now that you know who mofo is...it ain't worth your pain or anguish to entertain and insensitive fool.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home