The Post Game Show

Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010: Nothing to write home about.

Well the year is just about over, and I can tell you 2010 wasn't one of the better years in my life mainly because it was so...dull. I've fallen into a routine and a trap of being stuck here and hopes of going elsewhere seem to be slim, but I'm hoping I can find some fun in 2011 and keep hope alive professionally.

Best thing I did this year was finally join a gym in mid-April and put that membership to good use. Four times a week has really helped me feel better and even though the actual number hasn't decreased as much as I would like, 35 pounds is still 35 pounds and I'm moving faster, clothes are looser and I have a lot more energy than I have in year's past.

I still need to work on personal blogging but my professional blog has taken up a lot of my free writing time because I want to build that up and hopefully have some things come of that. Y'all check it out (http://ChrisStevensSite.wordpress.com) and please keep it and link it because that's where all of my non-personal stuff will go.

Also, I'm getting into internet radio/podcasting! Save this link as well (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/chrisstevensonair), my first show is this coming Wednesday, Jan. 5 at 6:30 p.m. I'll be doing live shows Wednesday and Sunday nights at 11 p.m. after this first show and if you can't listen live, you can go to that link and listen to the shows after the fact.

One thing I've learned in 2010 is that you can't please everybody and you're not supposed to try - people will just be angry, upset or unsatisifed just because they choose to be - as long as you're doing the best you can for yourself on all levels, that's all you can worry about and let the rest fall into place. I rarely (well, never) quote Beyonce, but it's true what she said - "Me myself and I, that's all I got in the end." You just have to keep on trucking and do things that make you happy, life's too short to live otherwise.

What do you hope 2011 brings? Happy New Year to you all :)

1 Comments:

  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger Mizrepresent said…

    Chris, congratulations on your new ventures. I am sure they will be as successful as you want them to be. About 2010, well it was a hard year for me, but very meaningful. I am in such a good place now, free of alot of stress and looking forward to new ventures and adventures as well. Happy New Year my dear friend, and i hope to see you in 2011.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home