The Post Game Show

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Christmas time

I'm very much looking forward to Saturday. So much so that I have literally put my nose to grindstone at work so to speak so I can spend this weekend cleaning and decorating my house for the holidays. Saturday has special significance because it's my grandmother's birthday. She passed Independence Day '06 and I decided starting last year that to remember her on her birthday that I would always put my tree up and do other Christmas related things since her birthday was two weeks before Christmas - that's how we always remembered.

Even though I'm mildly affected by SAD (Seasonal Awareness Disorder), I still very much enjoy Christmas for the movies, the music, the random food and the family time even if I'm not back home in Delaware anymore. It's just a good time of year even if you're not a religious type (note: I do believe in God, but I don't believe in church. Maybe I'll explain later). I even did a Top 20 Christmas songs list over on my professional blog, so you guys should go check that out and leave a comment or two if you feel the need.

In the meantime, what are your some of your Christmas traditions? What do you enjoy (or not enjoy) about this time of year? Hope you all have a great holiday season :)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Veronica said…

    my christmas tradition is to put the tree up the day after thanksgiving as a family and sipp hot chocolate and watch movies all day. Didn't happen this year though...i jsut put up the tree last night...i've been lazy.

    what i don't like about the holidays is that it's the holidays. LOL! I mean don't get me wrong, i love the family togetherness and all but the stores take full advantage..BUY THIS BUY THAT! whatever!

    LOL!

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm ready for the holiday! Got the music going, started decorating the house,etc. I had lots of traditions growing up, but my son is too young to start any of them yet. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the season too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home