The Post Game Show

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Is Blogger dead?

Or am I just not reading enough blogs to find other folks to connect with in this forum?

I know, it would help if I blogged more than once every two months, but you can blame Twitter, trying to concoct side hustles and finally getting myself in the gym for my extended absences and neglect of this here blog.

Yep, I've finally (somewhat, anyway) gotten over my fear of working out around strangers and gotten myself to the local gym, where I go four times a week. I've been doing that for a month now and while nothing major has changed in my physique yet, I do feel better about doing something legit Monday/Wednesday/Friday/Sunday mornings and then going on with my day. I may start walking about if the gym gets to be a bore, but I can hit about three times the number of miles on the bike I could walking most days, so I'll continue that, along with the light weight stuff I've been doing.

It's been an interest experience. Of the people that are in there in the early morning hours, I'm the most out of shape one by far. But much to my relief, no one pays me any attention. I mean people speak and say good morning, but there's none of the fear I associate with most, if not all, social situations. I go in, do my thing, others are doing theirs, and then I'm out. Simple stuff really. I'm feeling pretty good after the first month, so I figure if I can keep this going into 2011, I'll really be in good shape for my 30th, which would be September 25th of that year. I should stop imposing deadlines on myself and take it as it comes, so feel free to disregard that last statement.

In other news, apparently I'm better at giving advice than I am enacting it in my own life. The reason I say that is I've been in a lightweight Hitch role, counseling a friend or two on matters of romance. It's funny that I can give decent advice to others about what to do, what to say, how to play a game, etc., but can't do it in my own life. Kinda like the gifted songwriter who writes the greatest love songs out, but their love life sucks, know what I mean?

The side hustles part is my professional blog, which I encourage you guys to bookmark and read up on. Many of my friends in the media industry have started blog sites, complete with resumes and work samples, so I've done the same thing with mine. Only have two samples us, but soon as I figure out how to handle PDFs, the clips portion of the blog will be good to go. I've been in this gig for almost three years, and I need to start working on my future. Funny thing is, I'm not as pressed as the stress of the gig forced me to be before. Somehow, I've learned to roll with the punches and just do my best and hope something else comes along. Things usually happen when I least expect them to, so I try not to think too much about it.

And yeah, women are still treating me like crap. It's hard to keep fighting a fight you'll never win, but I hold out hope there are some women out there that look at me as a human being and not regard me as some kind of alien fool. Oh well, that's life - or at least my life with women, anyway.

I promise I'll update and keep tabs on your blogs more, but if there's anybody you suggest I check out, let me know. I really need to get back into this thing :)

5 Comments:

  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Vee said…

    I think Blogger is dead...aside from Mz, Priest, MsMika and Fresh...no one on my blog roll really blogs anymore. I've deleted about 4 blog inthe past few months because some folks hadn't blogged in over a year.

    I know i don't blog often but i'm working on some top secret projects dammit!..lol I'm tryna get better tho but I was seiously considering the post about my Nana being the last one I ever do on that blog.

    I kind of just want to focus on my book and my skincare blog. Which i havent' posted in since like February or something.

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger spchrist said…

    I find that I don't blog as much now because a lot of what I would say on the blog gets put on my facebook status and twitter too.

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Veronica said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Veronica said…

    BLogger is very much alive! I foudn the key..you gotta find other blogs to read when your usuals disappear on ya.

    speaking of which..get your butt back up in here and get to bloggin!!! LOL! :-p

    and check out my new blog

    http://hunnieglazed.blogspot.com

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    I feel the Same way! I started blogging and i thought wow this is going to be fun, people read mine, i read theirs. But nope. Alot of bloggers have moved to wordpress. So said, but the few bloggers that are still out there: Stay strong lol
    You can find my blog *hint *hint blondeblog93.blogspot.com :]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home