The Post Game Show

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Poetry Ponderings with Chris

Before I begin, feel free to take a look at this:



I love this piece and the lady who wrote and performed it, because as she said, "grown men quiver when they look at" her. While I do have an amazingly odd crush on short and/or petite women, I can honestly say all my prior dealings with women that have gone somewhere (mainly to bed*) have been with women 180 pounds or more, so I dig where she's coming from and it's cool to let those women know that even though they aren't going be a size two, that hey, you are desirable and welcome around with most brothers.

That said, I must ask....where is the love for the big men? We don't exactly live an anonymous lifestyle, we can be found at any fast food establishment in the U.S., you know? While I've long struggled with my weight and the perception that comes with it, I never ever said I wanted to be a skinny guy or muscular, just in better health. Being a big man has its advantages and being with us works for you too, ladies.

So while I've briefly mentioned that I wrote poetry from 17 to about 24, I'll revisit my poetic background (which actually steered me towards my chosen field of employment) and give my faithful readers a goofy little rhyme called "Big Man's Anthem."

295 pounds at 5'10
doesn't classify me as a slim
but I know good and well that I'm like a genie girl, because if you got wishes, I can grant them
'cause this here is the Big Man's Anthem
For my brothers who have a hard time seeing their feet
but when a girl gets naked they can sure enough see their meat
For a man who can make a woman feel safe and warm
For the brothers who come running to the table when she says "soup's on"
This is an anthem for the guys who are compared to teddy bears
and take the compliment for what it is because they just don't care
what society thinks of a little extra weight around the gut and other places
and know better than to try and squeeze they big asses into some small ass spaces
Skinny dudes makes excuses, big men, we make it happen
We can make our pecs jump too.... we just have to slap 'em.
This is an anthem for the dudes with 40s and 50s tagged on the inside of their pants
Women love us when they see us but they're scared to take a chance
It's o.k., we know the deal, so come and squeeze us when you hug us like y'all always do
Because big men, we can handle it all, this I know to be true.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    lol. i like it! size 4 isn't a shoe size so is it ok that its my dress size? and that i'm 5'1, 130? cool. not like i care anyway and i still like her poem because its for every woman who is okay with her size.

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Southerner in Suomi said…

    I agree with Jam. I'm 145, so I barely miss the reqs, but it's ok.

    Ain't nothing like a southern girl.

     
  • At 1:42 AM, Blogger CNEL said…

    LoL too much.

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Eb the Celeb said…

    loves it... and I got love for big men... dont think I could sleep with one but I love to hug you... big 300 pounders give the best hugs... whenever I am sad... I jug my boy big dawg and all my worries seem to just melt away!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home