The Post Game Show

Sunday, June 22, 2008

"He's Starting To Heat Up Here..."

I'm having a bad weekend. I feel fatter than normal, even more unattractive than I already believe I am, and to make matters worse, I scrubbed the skin of my neck sore in the shower yesterday. OCD is NOT my friend. It carried over to my morning stay at the basketball court today. I missed everything at first. Lay-ups, short jumpers, three-pointers and free throws go without saying, I've never been good at those. I got so pissed that I eventually kicked my basketball over the hill behind the courts and took my sweet time to go get it.

As I got it and came back around the side of the hill, I was SO angry, I decided I was going to keep shooting until the net started ripping consistently, which is just what happened. I relaxed, let fly, followed through and let the beautiful sound of swish after swish waft through my ears. My nine foot bank shot from each side of the basket was even hitting after a few minutes. I was finally satisfied with making about 12 of my last 20 shots (60 percent is a GREAT one shooting), so I did my final routine of bouncing the ball of the basket in front of me, driving the length of the floor to the other basket and finishing with a lay-up, and jogging to my car straight ahead.

Moral of the story: Determination. If you REALLY want something to go your way, you'll make it work somehow, someway. I want to apply that determination to things beyond an hour and 15 minutes spent shooting baskets, but I'm still struggling with how to go about it. All I know is I CAN'T quit. If women aren't going to like me, then I need to be ready to spend my life alone and like myself doing it. In the meantime, I'll keep shooting for something. Maybe for my own happiness.

8 Comments:

  • At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chris, your not the only one who goes through things like this. even the most "put together" person has some kind of struggle...

    You know it all...

    Moral of the story: Determination. If you REALLY want something to go your way, you'll make it work somehow, someway.

    True... I'm working on that as I type.

    U need to quit with the woman thing... I mean there ain't nothing wrong with wanting a woman everyone goes through that ish.. but when you tend to focus too much on it thats when it gets depressing...

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I agree with d'lee trecia... Everything will come together just be postive and determine! Dont be so hard on yourself!

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Mizrepresent said…

    Practice what you preach young man, an I also believe that there is someone for everyone, but it will happen in it's own time. Keep working on you, loving who you are.

    Confidence breeds attraction.

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Vee said…

    " I need to be ready to spend my life alone and like myself doing it."

    LOVE yourself doing it and LOVE yourself regardless!

    you won't be alone because God never intended us to be alone. Take your time, have patience. Easier said than done and believe you, me--thre will be days when you just want to be like f-it. But keep your head up and place one foot in front of the other and keep moving toward thoe goals.

    Worry about you and love YOU first! A woman will come when God is ready to send one, meanwhile, he may want you to get closer to him first.

    "A man's heart should be so hidden in the Christ that a woman must be seeking the Lord to find it."

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Eb the Celeb said…

    stop it... women do like you... you just have to find the right one... dont be so hard on yourself...

    you are a catch so living life alone is NOT an option for you... keep ya head up... you will find sister girl when you least expect it and not when you are looking 4 her!

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Stew said…

    everyone goes through a "shooting slump". just keep on shooting and you will play through it. you got the right idea.

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger La said…

    I needed to read this today. Thanks :-)

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger JayBee said…

    in time my brotha, in time. sure, i know you feel like you've waited a long time already, but that just means that you're closer than ever now. it will happen. don't try to force it though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home