The Post Game Show

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Maxwell Sighting and other BET craziness...

Now normally, I watch about as much BET as R. Kelly does ID checks, but last night, I was chatting with some friends and the subject was the BET awards. For the second or third straight year, BET put on an outlandishly ridiculous show only to bring it home with a great tribute to a legendary musical figure from back in the day. This year's honoree was the man with the unmistakable voice...and unmistakable kitchen burns, Reverend Al Green. While everyone who performed with one of the kings of Soul did well, there wasn't a dry pair of women's undergarments across America when the homeboy Maxwell sauntered onto the stage and did his thing.

Maxwell's like the Dick Cheney of R&B; NOBODY knows where that man at when something goes down. However, minus his trademark fro, he made an appearance last night and tore the house down. I'm secure enough in my masculinity to admit that Maxwell is a talented dude. Playing a Maxwell album when you have company is the romantic and erotic equivalent to Mariano Rivera in 1998 coming on to the hill for the Yankees; the ULTIMATE closer. Fans of his music have been waiting forever to see if he's still alive, much less ready to release some new material. According to his MySpace page, he's supposed to drop an album at the end of this year. Only time will tell.

About Al Green...can you blame him if he's the only black person in America that doesn't like grits? Just a thought. I mean, you give me a big ol bowl of Cream of Wheat, some sugar and some old Hanna Barbera cartoons and I'm good to go. However, I don't expect whenever Al eats breakfast with family or friends that grits is ever on the menu. "Hey Rev. Al, we got pancakes, bacon, eggs, scrapple...*whispers* dammit Joe, put the hominy box away, now!"

I have a friend, very lovely woman who's also in my chosen profession...who's into Chris Brown. Now ladies, I know the boy just turned 19, but y'all need to stop with the Mrs. Robinson fantasies, it's getting out of control, LOL...on second though, since I have a slight thing for Rihanna....nevermind. Seduce his young ass.

While self-confidence is a beautiful thing, Ashanti kinda sorta took it too far last night when she said she had that "good good." I think that's pretty self explanatory. I mean when you're alone with someone and you kinda want to tell them you've got what it takes to satisfy them (much like me and my offbeat references to my lips and tongue), that's fine. Broadcasting to a few million viewers, not so much.

Alicia Keys is getting thick, and I love it. As I've said before, I have no qualms about dating petite to Big and Beautiful women, so Alicia putting on some weight only makes me lust after her even harder. Jennifer Hudson was off the hinges last night as well. All these fine, thick women with men, I might have to start eliminating cats, Rambo-style.

That's pretty much a summary of the Awards, if you missed it, you know BET's going to replaying 46,000 times, so pick a time, bare through the b.s. and get to the Al Green performance if you can...*sings* Luuuv and Happinesshhhh....yeah....love'll make ya do wrong....but Grits'll make ya call God...

6 Comments:

  • At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I went to dinner last night, so I missed it! Thanks for the recap.

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Stew said…

    i don't like grits either. so i make black man #2.

    i did not see it either, but i will try and catch it. i get more excited about the MTV awards than BET.

    does that make me a traitor??

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Blogger Sherlon Christie said…

    You can still watch BET?

    I gave up on that network years ago.

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thanks for the info.. of course i knew its going to come back once i missed it.. so it ain't much...

     
  • At 12:28 AM, Blogger Eb the Celeb said…

    funny how everyone in the blog world started their BET awards review about how much they dont want BET...

    we all watch that crap... even though we are ashamed of it...

    anyway... I only watch for the performances... the nominees and award winners are always a joke and a huge popularity contest and not at all about the music...

    but hands down Alicia Keys had the best performance of the night...

    ne-yo and chris brown with ciara were tied for second for me

    and I dont want to see maxwell unless his tail is going to update me about the album that was suppose to be out last year feb...

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Vee said…

    I was surprised and happy to see and hear Maxwell once again. I can't wait until that new album drops!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home