The Post Game Show

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Weekend's Almost Over

Considering this week has the potential to be seriously busy at work, I figure I may as well post. About what? I don't know, so this might be all over the place, but one thing I pride myself on doing is if nothing else, I entertain and educate through this here blog...edutain, if you will *wink*

Let me start by saying that I've always been willing to admit my flaws, and my obsession with getting those flaws out there has contributed to my ongoing battle to gain self-confidence, I know that. However, one thing I won't allow is people coming at my neck and trying to embarrass me in pathetic attempts at revenge. This person knows good and hell well that I'm talking about them, and since you compared me to a monkey who flings feces when he's angry, let me chuck one last handful of number two your way; For someone to be older than me, you act like the very immature and childish trollups that have made my life a living hell. Say what you want about me and my perceived lack of understanding, but your pitiful little comment is Exhibit A why things fell apart before they even started. So feel free to go find another blogger to stalk and lead on. This particular bank is closed.

In other news, the longer I'm away from home, the more I realize that I had to grow and move sometime. While I'm less than thrilled with things right now, the truth of the matter is living in my mother's house and still working part time would make things even worse. There is the blessing of coming back to an empty apartment where I commence to turning on my kind of music without any problems, a place where I'm free of unexpected annoyances except for me stubbing my toe every 10 seconds. That, along with losing weight again, are the two little things that make me smile. Well that, and a haircut.

I'm not a Tennis guy (obviously unless Venus and Serena are playing), but today's Wimbledon Men's final was the stuff of legend. Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal engaged each other in a battle that obliged us with seven hours and five sets of non-stop action. Nadal finally won something on grass, ending the Rog's five-year run as men's champion. There are some moments in sports truly justify ESPN branding them an instant classic, and this was sho'nuff one of them. I'll still take an NBA game from the late 70s-early 80s as must see ESPNClassic stuff though, LOL

I'm having a ton of thoughts about my professional future and where this road leads me. Hopefully not to a dead end...things are so crazy now, only God knows where all of us in this particular business are headed, but I really can't see myself doing anything else, so I hope to make it work and survive.

I do believe my thing for plus-sized songstresses has taken on a life of its own. First there was Jilly from North Philly, then came my other boo Chrisette Michelle. Now there's another Philly girl burning up the airwaves with her husky voice, and that's Jazmine Sullivan. You might've heard her song "Need You Bad," with the bootleg Patois spoken word and Missy Elliot-produced reggae riddim. If not, I'll be kind enough to hit y'all off with a link to listen to it. She has an amazingly solid voice for 21, and it turns out she's been holding it down for a minute, this is her big break of sorts, being signed to J Records, which is like Superstar Central and having Missy producer her lead single is major. Hopefully she'll make it and bring some more soul to the game.

Well that pretty much covers it, I figured I owed you guys something before I start a hellacious week of work, but as is the case with a lot of things I deal with, they turn out to be not so bad. I hope that's the case this week.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    "I had to grow and move sometime." yes!! i'm convinced you can't truly grow like you should until you leave your comfort zone! dead @ the constant toe stubbing! hilarious! not really a fan of jaz. i know that makes me in the minority. i don't really like chrisette either.

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Brittany said…

    I feel you on the moving away from home. Yea I come home lonely sometimes and there is nothing to do but when I go home and visit my old home..wow. I could never do it.

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger JayBee said…

    i like when people coin new words/phrases. since i moved out, i haven't looked back. it'll never be the same again as i'm sure you realize. i'm even slighly annoyed when i go home and visit old friends and they are doing the same things on the same nights just like we did years ago. that whole blog stalker the shop is closed thing raised my antenna. hmmm....in other news, i'll check out the girl you mentioned maybe after work. work prolly won't be as bad as you think, just like you said. and if it gets to be too much just don't do it all.

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger La said…

    "edutain"

    BWAHAHAHA!

    **dead**

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger CNEL said…

    Serena used to be called "my should be future wife."

    I am so happy Nadal won. I was rooting for him.

    Jazmine is hotness. I love "I Need You Bad" and "In Love With Another Man" and any of her remakes are tight too.

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Eb the Celeb said…

    I love jazmine sullivan... no love for j-hud?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home