The Post Game Show

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Reflection

You don't love me, and quite frankly and that's sad
after all we've been through
the good times we've had
this union was destined to stand true
we're supposed to be inseparable
but there's a war going inside none of us are safe from
the damage could be irreparable
the heartache we share is second to none
We can fix this, we need to fix this, we owe to ourselves
I love the mere thought of loving you and no one else
Yet you deny me like a child out of wedlock, and your love you refuse to surrender
You promised to be gentle, you knew my emotions were tender
Still you walk away when I ask you to come close
You said you'd love me more, but you end up hurting me the most
I don't know where we went wrong, but I'd love to go back in time to stop the strain
because right now my heart can't take too much more of this pain
When I look at you, I see all the great things that make me love you
And as your reflection, I hope and pray
that one day,
you'll look back and see those things in me, too.

8 Comments:

  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Kali said…

    Wow........Beautifully said. It could apply to someOne or someTHING.

    Nice

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Mizrepresent said…

    Well whomever, whatever it is...i sure hope they read this, cuz i was touched!

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nice...

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger JayBee said…

    you holding back....what's her name?

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger Southerner in Suomi said…

    I agree with Miz. I hope whoever this is about got to read it.

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Vee said…

    Show it to her Chris!

    P.s. yeah I want to know her name too! :-p

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Eb the Celeb said…

    We gotta find you a nice sweet, church going girl... your such a romantic and its so freakin cute!

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Jameil said…

    ummm... those last couple of lines and the title led me to believe it was about chris talking to... chris...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home