The Post Game Show

Sunday, May 03, 2009

And Now, More Poetry From Chris

State of Mind, State of Heart, State of Soul

Don't ask me how I feel if you don't want to know
That's how I've operated for about 10 years or so
But what happens when that feeling gets to be something even you can't stand?
When your own misery and annoyance now go hand in hand?
You want a change, but you're not sure how to start
You just know you're tired of a troubled, lonely heart
I guess that's why they say loneliness is a state of mind
But it's also the state of my heart and soul
and I'll be damned if it isn't getting old
The tired routine of work and home is just that
Tired like grocery stores overrun with spoiled brats
Imprisoned by my own past, I guess I can share some of the blame
But I still wish for one woman to prove to me they're not all the same
"Faith without works is dead" is what The Almighty says
So I guess I need to work on my faith to get ahead
Faith that I am worthy, faith that there are many instead of few
Faith that the some day I'll have a love made for just us two
I'm scared, but I'm ready
Taking the steps towards happiness has never been more necessary
This state of heart, state of mind, state of soul is getting to be old
It's up to me now to find the courage to step out of my shell and take on what the future holds

1 Comments:

  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Mizrepresent said…

    "Faith without works is dead" is what The Almighty says
    So I guess I need to work on my faith to get ahead."


    The key to it all, and yes, you have it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home