The Post Game Show

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I hate it when that happens

I'm definitely a person that has a HARD time admitting that he's wrong. And by the time I come to grips with it, the situation - and the person with it - are usually long in the rear view mirror.
Case in point, my last semi-serious situation with a woman. We'll call her SC for the initials of her home state. 

SC and I met through my usual way of meeting women, had a disagreement not long into conversation and I thought that was the end of that. Instead, a few days later, she invited me to walk around her neighborhood, and we did. I felt stupid for arguing with her and kinda shied away after that. Two weeks later I hit her up just to say hello and she asked me what I was doing that night? I said nothing, so she said to come get her and we could watch a movie at my place. We watched "The Wood" and she got real comfortable. Feeling a sense of go for it, one thing led to another and before long after the movie, we went there. 

The same thing happened the following week, and during this time we were also walking partners. Then she began complaining about me never wanting to go anywhere that I never spend money, and then the big and final blow-up occurred. Would you believe this all happened in about a month's time? Either way, it's been four months since we last spoke and today while I was riding to work, the entire scenario came back to me and all I could do was shake my head.

I complain about not having anyone to spend time with. She spent two weekends to me. I'm always turned on at the thought of a woman relaxing around me. She watched movies and cleaned my apartment in a t-shirt and socks. And I let the fact that I don't like spending money or going out keep from the coveted friends with benefits or maybe even more. 

I thought about it, and I laughed. Not some huge, ROFTLMAO-type deal, but a sincere chuckle like "Yep, I get in my own way, don't I?" Thinking about that situation makes me think about other chances I've had and clearly have ruined them with my own thoughts of "other guys don't have to go through this" along with excuses about my budget and other things. 

So yep, definitely hating when I realize I'm wrong, because it's usually way too late to fix a situation. Why doesn't this thing kick in earlier? Oh well. I'm glad to know it works at least.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Mizrepresent said…

    At least you realized where you failed. I know i have been in this situation before referring to SC. WE start off good, go out, have fun, do things 2gether, but the moment sex is entered into the relationship it's all about laying up and i cut him off too. See, the real lesson here is you have maintain what you started. Women like to feel appreciated, and enjoy plenty of diversity, that is what relationship is about. Anything short of that is a bootycall!

    Don't worry, you still have plenty of chances to get it right :)

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Vee said…

    Let me find out you kicked a girl to the curb cause you were being cheap...LMAO!

    No really tho...yeah don't you HATE THAT! ARRRGHGHGH! YOu think back on something and you're like "I could have handled that totally different."

    Well Like Mz. said, you'd have other chances..just remember that mistake and keep it with you so as not to do it again.

    And hey it was only 4 months ago (ok...7 months ago now) give her a random call...and see what happens, no?) LMAO see I'm random like that..I will call out the blue after a year and be like "whats uuuuuuuuuup!" like I done talked to folk yesterday...lol Do it Chris Do it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home