The Post Game Show

Friday, April 23, 2010

More Creative Writing

Okay, so it's National Poetry Month and as kind of a continuation of the short story I wrote about three weeks ago, here's a poem of a reflective nature.

Selfish

We're all selfish to some degree
Some have associate's, bachelor's, I myself have a masters
Too concerned with my own problems to notice it's not about me
Too sheltered to understand what I need to go after
Blinded by previous failures, potential happiness ran off fast
Wrapped up in my own problems, I've ignored many chances
By allowing myself to be a victim of the past
I've missed out on the best of glances
The inability to see my own mistakes made me a fool
I can only blame myself for the failure realize that you're human too
You laugh, you cry, you have feelings, you have problems, yes I know
Only with age comes wisdom, wish I could have learned this long ago
This won't come easy, but I know I need to have the ability to care
If the happiness I seek will ever be there

2 Comments:

  • At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting. I'm glad you are learning about yourself and life in general.

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Vee said…

    this was nice, heartfelt and real.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home